Portal Gun Build (finished on pics on page 2)

MrPinski

Sr Member
I was commissioned to make one of these a month ago and this is where I'm at. It's all cast resin except for the black PVC under the big "shell" what do you think?

Portal gun shells are originally made by Harrison of Volpin props.

Thank you

67a52765.jpg

c20110bb.jpg

8d26ffc1.jpg

Oh and I rough fitted some lights.
981e43dd.jpg

3090ab98.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Yeah yeah yea I'm making a portal gun :)

It's nice to see you working on something other than Daft Punk for a change!

Looking good, pinski!

Thanks buddy, trying to learn a new skill ya know. Lot of the same techniques used here as making buckets. Lots of slush casting and molding for this gun.

Thanks guys! As soon as I get more progress done on this, I will post more pics. Should be all wrapped up in a week or two. Damn job getting in the way of prop making! haha

Okay, no making fun of my "photo studio" but... I primed this thing, and got all the assembly hardware installed. What do you think?

9e1f9431.jpg

a2c6cf73.jpg

92edaa2f.jpg

dbf35a73.jpg

...uh, why did you mold a potato?

If you haven't played Portal 2, I highly recommend picking up a copy, I have it for the PC and it is one of the best games I've ever played, and it will explain why he molded a potato!

Looking good! Out of curiosity, why prime in such a dark color rather than grey or white? Seems like that will mean more layers later on to bring it back up to white.

I use brown because it's easier to spot flaws in it. Also, filler primer (what I use) only comes in brown from what I'm told...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back