Portal Gun Build (finished on pics on page 2)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MrPinski

I was commissioned to make one of these a month ago and this is where I'm at. It's all cast resin except for the black PVC under the big "shell" what do you think?

Portal gun shells are originally made by Harrison of Volpin props.

Thank you

Oh and I rough fitted some lights.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Crank729

Sr Member
Re: Yeah yeah yea I'm making a portal gun :)

It's nice to see you working on something other than Daft Punk for a change!

Looking good, pinski!

MrPinski

Thanks buddy, trying to learn a new skill ya know. Lot of the same techniques used here as making buckets. Lots of slush casting and molding for this gun.

cama900

Oh Nice! It appears to be turning out quite nicely :) Keep it up!

MrPinski

Thanks guys! As soon as I get more progress done on this, I will post more pics. Should be all wrapped up in a week or two. Damn job getting in the way of prop making! haha

MrPinski

Sorry about the quality, but just a closer pic of the center light.

MrPinski

Okay, no making fun of my "photo studio" but... I primed this thing, and got all the assembly hardware installed. What do you think?

MrPinski

Thanks, on a related note... This is a potato!

Last edited:

renaissance_man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

...uh, why did you mold a potato?
If you haven't played Portal 2, I highly recommend picking up a copy, I have it for the PC and it is one of the best games I've ever played, and it will explain why he molded a potato!

MrPinski

Well... It looks the way I thought it would... It's a tater... haha

MrPinski

Got a small bit of painting done today. Looks promising... Thoughts on this?

Sedulous Studios

Looking good! Out of curiosity, why prime in such a dark color rather than grey or white? Seems like that will mean more layers later on to bring it back up to white.

MrPinski

I use brown because it's easier to spot flaws in it. Also, filler primer (what I use) only comes in brown from what I'm told...