Portal 1 Model Rips?

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm trying to find the model for the Portal Gun Stand-

attachment.php

I search around online and found models for other Portal stuff but not the stand. I don't know much about model ripping so I might've just been looking in the wrong place or using the wrong search terms. Any help would be awesome!

Nick

There are a few Half Life model viewers online that can export the game models to .obj format. I don't have the game on my computer anymore, but I believe the assets packages for Portal are not compressed in archive files like more recent games. I could be wrong, but you can get more accurate info from one of the many Half Life modding forums.

I'm interested in just the stand actually.

IMG_7095.jpg

I want to build one to go with my Neca Portal Gun.

So far the best technical data I've found so far are these wireframe images which I'm assuming are from game models.
portalgun.jpg

automatic_portalgun_2.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
I'll go take a peek in the game files after work and see if I can find it and send you the file.''

EDIT: Looks like it should be a prop_dynamic model according to the pictures from the map editor. That narrows things down.

Thanks!

Yeah, I just started playing with Blender. It's frustrating being a whiz at all the Adobe programs and then trying to start from scratch in a 3D program. A totally different mindset-set but an good reason to learn something new.

Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back