Portal 1 Model Rips?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by nick daring, Apr 14, 2012.

1. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm trying to find the model for the Portal Gun Stand-

[​IMG]

I search around online and found models for other Portal stuff but not the stand. I don't know much about model ripping so I might've just been looking in the wrong place or using the wrong search terms. Any help would be awesome!

Nick

2. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

There are a few Half Life model viewers online that can export the game models to .obj format. I don't have the game on my computer anymore, but I believe the assets packages for Portal are not compressed in archive files like more recent games. I could be wrong, but you can get more accurate info from one of the many Half Life modding forums.

3. nick daring

Need gun stand model. Must find file...

Nick

4. nick daring

Bump for help.

5. nick daring

Derpa Derp?

6. akiba1953

akiba1953 New Member

7. nick daring

I'm interested in just the stand actually.

[​IMG]

I want to build one to go with my Neca Portal Gun.

So far the best technical data I've found so far are these wireframe images which I'm assuming are from game models.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  8. MrSinistar

MrSinistar Well-Known Member

I'll go take a peek in the game files after work and see if I can find it and send you the file.''

EDIT: Looks like it should be a prop_dynamic model according to the pictures from the map editor. That narrows things down.

9. TMBountyHunter

TMBountyHunter Active Member

I've actually learned how to at least rip the models from source games recently.

Here's the raw .smd as an attachement. Not sure what you're using but at least Blender has a plugin for importing .smd
    Links for that can be found on Valve's wiki: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Blender

[​IMG]

10. nick daring

Thanks!

Yeah, I just started playing with Blender. It's frustrating being a whiz at all the Adobe programs and then trying to start from scratch in a 3D program. A totally different mindset-set but an good reason to learn something new.

Nick