Polystone?

theBrave

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. It just made the most sense to me, but I'm having trouble locating a manufacturer of polystone. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. thanks

I doubt if you will find a product called 'polystone'. As far as I can see it's really just a fancy name for polyurethane resin with a filler powder.

I doubt if you will find a product called 'polystone'. As far as I can see it's really just a fancy name for polyurethane resin with a filler powder.

Yes, it does utilize a filler, and from what I understand, the filler is ground limestone, which is apparently plentiful in Asia.

I agree that it's a fancy term rather than an actual product.

Some people really hate the fact that it's a cheap filler. I don't mind that so much as the weight. Special consideration has to be given for things you plan to wall hang, etc.. Also, that Predator skull that Sideshow put out looks soooo nice, but it is heavier than crap. How much nicer would it have been if it had been produced in a light weight resin that would have actually FELT like bone when you picked it up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back