Polsnulspace: My Home Cinema & Collection

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Polsnulspace

Sr Member
Hi Guys,

Well I moved to a bigger house a few months back and with the bigger house, came the opportunity to finally have a dedicated room for my home cinema and collection. So here are a few snap shots of my progress and the finished product..........

Stage 1: Rip out the old fitted mirror wardrobes......

Stage 2: A bit of test fitting.......

Stage 3: Start priming and painting.......

Stage 4: Let the building commence.......

Stage 5: Test fitting the screen frame.......

Getting there.......

Stage 6: Projector time.......

No no, not paranoid in any way.....

All finished........

And the rest of my collection displayed in other rooms.......
National Treasure & Indiana Jones.

The Fifth Element.......

Terminator.......

My signed 8x10s.......

My watchables.......

Well that's it guys.....my home cinema and collection. I am really chuffed with my set up and you probably noticed alotta RPF produced pieces in there....well I want to thank all RPF'ers who helped make my collection what it is. Your talent is second to none. It is an honour and a privilege to be a member here. Thank you!

Hope you enjoy!

Peace

Paul. :):thumbsup

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Polsnulspace

Sr Member
Thanks Nick. :cool

Nope...they are pro-done frames mate. I've been using the same guy for a coupla years now. Infact that reminds me...I need to phone him to see if my Middle Earth map is finished yet......

Wes R

Legendary Member
Looks great and I love the autographs. Makes me to really want to redo my room to try and use every inch of space. Not to mention get some autographs lol. I found even if you buy frames from a store find someone who knows what they're doing to mount the items inside as it's too much a hassle to do it yourself.

keysersoze30

Sr Member
Meh, Ive seen better

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just kidding Paul, You know I love your collection and your new room looks awesome, congrats mate :cool

Just one thing, that cryocan looks out of place and lonely, maybe you should send it to me :behave:behave:lol

Onkelpsycho

Sr Member
Two Words:

Just awesome...

Love the National Treasure stuff, and the terminator stuff, and the fifth element stuff and how it is displayed... Very clean, I like it... (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Polsnulspace

Sr Member
Looks great and I love the autographs. Makes me to really want to redo my room to try and use every inch of space. Not to mention get some autographs lol. I found even if you buy frames from a store find someone who knows what they're doing to mount the items inside as it's too much a hassle to do it yourself.
The guy I use is pretty reasonable mate and I'm sure any efforts by him would be far better than mine.

Meh, Ive seen better

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just kidding Paul, You know I love your collection and your new room looks awesome, congrats mate :cool

Just one thing, that cryocan looks out of place and lonely, maybe you should send it to me :behave:behave:lol
Cheers Sean....much appreciated mate! And as for the cryo-can....he is close enough to the Hammond cane so he and that lonely! ;)

why is it red :D
i dont like red :&

na j/k its awesome. what materials did u use in wood?
I had actually wanted it a deeper red but it fooled me by drying a lighter colour than expected. I'm 100% happy with it though.

I used 25mm MDF board for everything mate. I wanted this thing to be solid and anything thinner would've just looked too flimsy.

Two Words:

Just awesome...

Love the National Treasure stuff, and the terminator stuff, and the fifth element stuff and how it is displayed... Very clean, I like it... (y)thumbsup:thumbsup
Thanks Onkelpsycho....much appreciated. A lot of the fun is in the displaying in my opinion. :):thumbsup

Steamtech

Really nice work on the room, it looks great! I love your collections too, great props and beautifully displayed.

(That panda poster holding the two pistols is awesome btw lol)

Scapey

Sr Member
Looks awesome :)

BTW, my local Bargain Books place in East Kilbride shopping centre has Banksy prints on sale for a tenner if you're looking for more... The AT-AT and AT-ST "Daddy?" one ison my "'Aving that!" list :)

ComedicHistory

I really really love your setup, I'm quite jealous. It's very similar to how I would want my collection to be displayed, especially because we have similar interests: Star Wars, Terminator, Indy. You're missing Back to the Future and some Alien and Pred stuff but DAMN...it's beautiful.

Adam C.

Fantastic set-up man! I'm extremely envious of your dedicated home theater especially. Your props are very classy looking too. Nice work displaying everything so beautifully.

Stormtrooper

Wow! Nice Home Cinema setup! :thumbsup And a tasteful integration of your props, as well.
..... But you don't get off quite so easily.... Give us a list of your Home Cinema components please!

I've been planning a dedicated home cinema ever since I first connected my Hi-Fi speakers to my first Pro-Logic VHS deck all those years back....
But I don't wanna rush-into anything, eh? What's the point of spending several grand on a top-notch projector, when 4k projectors are just 'round the corner, right? ;)

I hope you have an auld Panasonic laserdisc player to enjoy your amazing THX-Rated Pre-Special Editions and pre-Prequel Trilogy Star Wars Trilogy movies, on? :love It'd be a hella shame if you just used that Box Set as a doorstop!?
I'm sure little beats watching a Blu Ray on a 7-ft+ projector screen.... but sometimes it's still all about the actual movies, and not the tech that they're delivered on... And since Lucas is never likely to release the Original Trilogy on Blu Ray, I'm off to check eBay for affordable Laserdisc players with the Star Wars Definitive Collection! :lol

Cheers,
John
johnATmanicminerDOTplusDOTcom

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This thread should be deleted.

. It's making me green with envy :lol :lol

Paul, jaw-dropping top-notch collection & classy set up you have there :cool !

Where did you get that Terminator fuel cell from ?

Also love your trekkie DVD collection btw :love

Polsnulspace

Sr Member
Really nice work on the room, it looks great! I love your collections too, great props and beautifully displayed.

(That panda poster holding the two pistols is awesome btw lol)
Thanks Steamtech....much appreciated mate.

If you are interested, the Panda poster is a Banksy canvas print. It's cool eh? I love it! :cool:thumbsup

Looks awesome :)

BTW, my local Bargain Books place in East Kilbride shopping centre has Banksy prints on sale for a tenner if you're looking for more... The AT-AT and AT-ST "Daddy?" one ison my "'Aving that!" list :)
Cheers Scapey! Thanks for the heads-up mate. Love the "Daddy?" print myself but when buying my canvas prints when I moved to this house, I made myself buy ones that weren't movie based. My last house was covered in movie stuff and I didn't want that this time.

I really really love your setup, I'm quite jealous. It's very similar to how I would want my collection to be displayed, especially because we have similar interests: Star Wars, Terminator, Indy. You're missing Back to the Future and some Alien and Pred stuff but DAMN...it's beautiful.
Thanks CH...yeah, believe it or not, the themes that I believe I am seriously lacking from my collection are Alien/Pred, BTTF and Star Trek but as usual, the money and space to display it are the main factor in not having them....you can't have everything you want now, eh? :rolleyes ;)

Fantastic set-up man! I'm extremely envious of your dedicated home theater especially. Your props are very classy looking too. Nice work displaying everything so beautifully.
Thanks Adam. The HT was something I had always wanted myself and eventually getting one certainly has been a bit of a buzz. I love displaying them aswell....tiz a big part of the fun!:)

That is OUTSTANDING!!!
Kind words Judge....thanks mate!:cool

Wow! Nice Home Cinema setup! :thumbsup And a tasteful integration of your props, as well.
..... But you don't get off quite so easily.... Give us a list of your Home Cinema components please!

I've been planning a dedicated home cinema ever since I first connected my Hi-Fi speakers to my first Pro-Logic VHS deck all those years back....
But I don't wanna rush-into anything, eh? What's the point of spending several grand on a top-notch projector, when 4k projectors are just 'round the corner, right? ;)

I hope you have an auld Panasonic laserdisc player to enjoy your amazing THX-Rated Pre-Special Editions and pre-Prequel Trilogy Star Wars Trilogy movies, on? :love It'd be a hella shame if you just used that Box Set as a doorstop!?
I'm sure little beats watching a Blu Ray on a 7-ft+ projector screen.... but sometimes it's still all about the actual movies, and not the tech that they're delivered on... And since Lucas is never likely to release the Original Trilogy on Blu Ray, I'm off to check eBay for affordable Laserdisc players with the Star Wars Definitive Collection! :lol
Aaaaah.....Pro-Logic! I remember the store guy telling me about this super cool surround system that had just arrived (Pro-Logic) and I was sold instantly. Gawd, can you remember the days when movies on VHS started being released in widescreen? :eek:lol I'm sure the trailer for the W/S included Die Hard and Alien. :love:lol

My Component list.....

Panasonic BD-35 Bluray Player: This is a decent enough player but the loading time compared to others I have now seen in action is faaaaaaar to long and really annoying at times. Had this for about 3 years.

Onkyo TR609 Amp: This is a brand new amp for this HT as I killed my TR607 when I moved house.

Panasonic HT-3000 Projector: Again I've had this for about 3 years now and it serves me brilliantly.

KEF Eggs 5.1 speaker set up: Bought these easily about 9 years ago and they are still working brilliantly. Milled from a solid lump of aluminium and are absolutely solid little speakers. I nearly replaced these when doing my new HT but it was down to aesthetics more than anything else.

Velodyne CHT-10 Sub: Bought this second hand about 8 years now and it is still rocking the house!

As for a laserdisc player.......yeah I still have my Sony MDP-850. It aint been set up in years though. As for the SW set....I remember seeing that in Tower records for £300.:eek:lol I bought mine second hand for £150 about a million years ago. Three flipper discs per one money was a true pain to watch though.:lol

This thread should be deleted.

..It's making me green with envy :lol :lol

Paul, jaw-dropping top-notch collection & classy set up you have there :cool !

Where did you get that Terminator fuel cell from ?

Also love your trekkie DVD collection btw :love
Har har....cheers Alan! :lol ;)

Thanks for the kind words mate! The Termi fuel cell came from Brundlefly a little while back. It is a fantastic piece with cool light sequence action!:love Defo worth tracking one down if you cam mate!:thumbsup

And as for my Trekkie DVD collection....well no words need be said mate! :cool:thumbsup

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
:eek :eek

I cannot for the life of me understand how I never saw this :eek ... and I've been through the cell threads here some time ago !

Congrats to BOTH of you, creator and owner !