Police Spinner Resin Kit - Help ID/date?

RobWolf

Hey guys

I recently picked up an approximately 1:18 scale Police Spinner kit for £35 on eBay. It is resin kit with a bag of metal parts (the light clusters and some interior details) and some vac formed clear plastic pieces for the windscreen and lights. It has a basic but accurate decal sheet and a photocopied instruction sheet.

There's no information on the kit anywhere as to when it was made or who made it, just a colour photo of the built up kit in ground car mode with its doors and rear winglets opened, stuck onto a plain cardboard box. I think it's fairly old though judging by the box and the vac form pieces. I was just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the kit's background, and has anyone here built one up in the past? Also I'm interested to know if there are any 1:18 Deckard and Gaff figures out there that I could pop into the cockpit?

Many thanks!

Hi again

I've actually managed to solve the mystery, at least partially anyway. After some Googling I have come across the TVC-15 kit from Japan, which is almost identical to the one sitting in front of me. The main difference being that the TVC-15 is entirely resin, whilst mine has some metal parts. I don't know however if this is an older version of the TVC-15 kit or if one is a recast of the other...looking at images of the TVC-15 unmade with the parts laid out it does seem to me that the parts are rougher than on my kit, but then on the other hand mine has a couple of parts which are single piece where they are two piece on the TVC-15 (the lights on the outside of the wheel covers are separate pieces on the TVC-15 and part of the mould on mine). Also mine did not have cutouts for the floor windows (nor for that matter do you get vac form windows or do the instructions even mention them) where the TVC-15 does have the holes pre-cut. So bottom line is I can't figure out which came first etc but since either way they're resin casts and therefore need cleanup work, £35 either isn't bad for what may be a recast TVC-15, OR it's a great bargain for an older, rarer kit!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back