Poirot tea glass

Millenniumf

Sr Member
I've been enjoying Poirot with my parents during lockdown, and the tea glass set into a holder that he drinks from is particularly intriguing. I love this simple design a lot, but looking up designs of tea glass holders it is remarkably hard to track down just what brand it was. I even used my little grey cells! I'm sure the set designers didn't make a custom glass holder for this show, though it's a remote possibility. I was wondering if anyone had seen something like this before?

04041d008475efceaeeef9823d42d284.png

Its a great series, good luck with your search! I tried briefly to find a version of his lapel pin without luck.

It's a lapel pin flower holder. here's something similar on Etsy:

I've been enjoying Poirot with my parents during lockdown, and the tea glass set into a holder that he drinks from is particularly intriguing. I love this simple design a lot, but looking up designs of tea glass holders it is remarkably hard to track down just what brand it was. I even used my little grey cells! I'm sure the set designers didn't make a custom glass holder for this show, though it's a remote possibility. I was wondering if anyone had seen something like this before?

View attachment 1416871
I am an avid Poirot prop collector and I have the exact same holder. It is silver plate and I found it on eBay UK. It wasn’t expensive at all I think I got four for under $40. The trick will be finding a glass to fit it which will take a little patience.

I am an avid Poirot prop collector and I have the exact same holder. It is silver plate and I found it on eBay UK. It wasn’t expensive at all I think I got four for under $40. The trick will be finding a glass to fit it which will take a little patience.
What search term did you use to find it? Is there a certain brand of tea glass holder to look for?

What search term did you use to find it? Is there a certain brand of tea glass holder to look for?
The search term was ‘silver tea glass holder’ or something along those lines. Like most props on the show it has no known brand name and other than saying “silver plate” no maker’s marks. I don’t know if it will help you but here is the listing on the website of the prop company that likely rented the actual prop to the production:

Attachments

• 1DD90F6F-1D39-4D0B-A655-DBA2B60DCEFE.png
    1DD90F6F-1D39-4D0B-A655-DBA2B60DCEFE.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,037
The search term was ‘silver tea glass holder’ or something along those lines. Like most props on the show it has no known brand name and other than saying “silver plate” no maker’s marks. I don’t know if it will help you but here is the listing on the website of the prop company that likely rented the actual prop to the production:
That's a start at least. Thank you!

hello, dbh75, I have scoured ebay UK and still cannot find the exact same tea holder as you were able to do--can you please please suggest any other clues to finding one/some or rather similar? Thank you in advance! M

hello, dbh75, I have scoured ebay UK and still cannot find the exact same tea holder as you were able to do--can you please please suggest any other clues to finding one/some or rather similar? Thank you in advance! M
Hi sorry I took so long to reply. Try “lemonade glass holder” or “soda glass holder”. I checked and that was the description of the one I found. Unfortunately Poirot prop collecting can take a lot of patience, a virtue I lack…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back