Podcast recommendations

karmajay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had to drive to Tenn this weekend for a wedding. I have a few podcasts I listen to in the car while heading back and forth to work but I fired up a new one for this trip and absolutely loved it.

The Black Tapes Podcast. I listened to the whole first season and it was great! I recommend it!

http://theblacktapespodcast.com/

If this is an open thread for anybody to make recommendations, let me throw in We Have Concerns. And if you're looking for some more basic humor, The Comedy Button is really entertaining (just not this last week's episode).

My two favorites are
Still Untitled the Adam Savage Project and
Creature Geek, with Frank Ippolito and Len Peralta

Still Untitled

The Weekly Planet (official podcast of comicbookmovies.com) - Australian hosts are terrific

Fatman on Batman (Kevin Smith + Marc Bernardin) - Marc is very insightful. Kevin is entertaining being Kevin. Best episode was Kevin Smith's interviews with artist, Neal Adams. Who is an incredible storyteller about history of comics and early days working with Jack Kirby, his experiences at early Marvel and DC and his fight to get Siegel and Shuster recognized as the creators of Superman when DC was trying to forget them. Also notable are Smith's interviews with Joe Quesada and others.

Hollywood Babble-On (Ralph Garmin + Kevin Smith) - only heard two episodes but time will tell if I stick with it. So far it can be funny - mainly due to Ralph Garmin. This is the podcast where Kevin Smith's criticism of BvS got him reamed on the internet.

Penn's Sunday School (Penn Jilette of Penn and Teller) - another great storyteller who talks about the business and has stories about Lou Reed, young NPH etc.

Planet Money - just listen to a few episodes and you'll be hooked.

Kermode and Mayo's Film Review (from the BBC) - very insightful and humorous reviews.

The Empire Podcast - great interviews and some good reviews.

The Q & A with Jeff Goldsmith - wonderful interviews with film writers with a focus on the craft of storytelling (e.g. Joss Whedon, Chuck Palahniuk, J.J. Abrams, George Miller etc.)

I'll add the H. P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast:

http://hppodcraft.com/

They long ago exhausted HPL's body of work, and moved on to cover stories & authors HPL liked, and now they're covering even more weird fiction. If that's your bag, give it a whirl.

-MJ

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back