Question PM from 'RPF Volunteer'? (answered)

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by IrishFett22, Apr 16, 2015.

1. IrishFett22

IrishFett22 Well-Known Member

I just got a strange PM today from an account named 'RPF Volunteer' it said:

There should have been NO multiple log in attempts as I have my password saved and didn't have any issues today or recently for that matter. Did some searches and didn't find anything to validate this user or PM. Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks!

2. Fishbowl

Fishbowl Well-Known Member

Re: PM from 'RPF Volunteer'?

I got this as well. It looks like either the site has implemented some new security measure, or this is a weird spam account. Given that this account has 1,232 "messages" (usually meant to show numbers of posts), it is interesting, however the account is not requesting any sensitive information.

3. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Re: PM from 'RPF Volunteer'?

Sorry for the confusion as that account should have been displaying the "Staff" banned but was not (it has now been added).

The account is legitimate as are those messages. If two members log in from the same computer one or both of those members will receive the pm quoted above. We have just started going through a back log of these notices so it may not being anything that has take place recently. Please reply with the appropriate information. Thanks. :)

Fishbowl likes this.
  4. IrishFett22

IrishFett22 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification :)

5. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

Are you still going through the backlog? I have received two alerts in the last hour on this and am stumped.

6. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Yes, we are still going through the backlog.

7. ironmaided

ironmaided Sr Member

I also received an PM like this. And I replied to with and said that I don't have any "dummy account" or another user using my PCs. But I do have 2 PC's, an old windows XP which I'm still using now, and a newer Windows 7 PC which I bought last month. Hopefully everything gets resolved. :)