Plinkett Red Letter Review- Indy 4 and the Aliens

Re: Plinkett Red Letter Review- Indy 5 and the Aliens

Will watch this over the weekend. I know it will be funny. The teaser was hilarious.

Just finished watching it. I love the Indy murder count sequence. Indy 4 only has 1 maybe Indy murder. Lame.

nick

As usual Mr. Plinkett impresses me with his hilarious, and yet truthful reasonings of why George Lucas' films as of late sucks.

Five stars/pizza rolls for you my friend!

OMG!!! He mentioned the #1 thing about this movie that still drives me nuts!! The "part time" line!! The take they used in the trailer was perfect. The one in the film.... balls.

As usual another great review. I always felt like something was off on Indy 4. The body count among other things was it. I can't wait for the next reviews. The Matrix movies and Terminator 4 reviews should be great. Although, I don't think the Matrix sequels are as bad as most.

Lucas actually suggested having Indiana's daughter be a part of the film? The guy who killed the only relevant female character from the prequel series with a broken heart? And Spielberg didn't like that idea? The one good idea he had (And actually carried out in the series) was shot down by Spielberg?

These have gotten worse (the reviews) as far as the commentary goes.
His Episode I review is still the best - it expressed legitimate statements in a sensical order, while still managing to be funny. These newer reviews seem to just go for the comedy factor

These have gotten worse (the reviews) as far as the commentary goes.
His Episode I review is still the best - it expressed legitimate statements in a sensical order, while still managing to be funny. These newer reviews seem to just go for the comedy factor

I thought they were toning down the more over the top comedy. The Star Wars reviews were really crazy with the stuff going on in the basement.

I thought they were toning down the more over the top comedy. The Star Wars reviews were really crazy with the stuff going on in the basement.

Yeah but the stuff in the basement was funny because it was implied where him shooting his stuff all over a TV set watching the Olsen Twins is pretty straight-forward sickness and completely unnecessary for a logical video review.

The movie version of "Part time" sounded like he just wanted to get out of the scene. The one in the trailer sounded strong.

GeneralFrosty: The Olson twin thing was completely disgusting and holds no comedy value at all. It's pretty twisted and caused me to stop watching the trailer completely. I won't be watching any more of this guys stuff, even the old reviews, though I did like them. Took it way too far down the sicko road for me this time.

Ya I was watching the review and my wife walks in on the twin piece. Difficult to explain. I really wish he'd just do the common drunk guy voice and skip the serial part.

Loved the Olson twins part. It was funny because of the ludicrous high-pressure force of the jet, and because it destroyed the TV and kept going. Of course, to ********* over an image of a child is sick perverson of the highest order - of course - but then the Plinkett character IS sick, he rapes and murders women too, remember? But since no kids were harmed, and the film maker is not promoting such acts, and the violence of the mock orgasm was hilarious I've no problem with it. My girlfriend thought it great, too.

I didn't even see the trailer for Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, but everything bad which I feared for it - and more besides (the skull itself!! What crap!!) - was there in the review, all lined up, present and correct: Indy a sad shadow of his former self, unreal video game action, the usual cgi shop-worn-looking aliens, nonsensical script etc., everything necessary for a diluted, anemic travesty of the earlier movies. And Plinkett did his usual highly entertaining job of pointing it all out.

This line stuck with me and should be pasted on all H'wood studio walls in giant letters:

"When everyone's an agile video game character it's retarded and stupid."

The movie version of "Part time" sounded like he just wanted to get out of the scene. The one in the trailer sounded strong.

GeneralFrosty: The Olson twin thing was completely disgusting and holds no comedy value at all. It's pretty twisted and caused me to stop watching the trailer completely. I won't be watching any more of this guys stuff, even the old reviews, though I did like them. Took it way too far down the sicko road for me this time.

I thought the movie version sounded more comical, more snarky, like he was shrugging (yeah, you know, I teach part time). But to each his own.

The Olsen twins thing was too much, but his constant jokes of wife killing are ok? I understand pedophilia is gross and offensive, but the guy jokes about kidnapping and killing people all the time and we don't bat an eyelash. Odd.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back