Please tell me what this old Japanese show is..

I'll put a few feelers out there in my download sites i get everything from and see if I can get them on DVD or just the codes for everyone.

That would be great if you can....

there's also a guy selling all episodes on dvd right now on Ebay for $15.00 for the whole set.

wow, that's a good deal too

I don't know the quality of them though. You can find it by typing Space Giants in Ebay search. I won't post a link as I have no connection to the seller or to selling these and I don't want to violate any rules here.

I would be curious if anyone has ordered form the seller who sells this on Ebay. I would love to know the quality. I know they are from Public domain sources, like televison, so they will be at best, VHS quality, but the prices are great. I am interested in the complete Green Hornet and Complete Batman 60's TV show.

The ones offered on ebay are lacking in quality - i think they're recorded from early broadcasts from WTBS, with small sections of the Japanese show edited back in - that had been removed from the American broadcast.

There's a lot edited from American showings - sometimes as much as 6 min. Anything that lead into the background of who Methuzala (the old man in the cave) and Rodak really were. Methuzala was supposed to be GOD - not A God, but the big G himself. Rodak's real name is Goa and he is even called Lucifer (in Japanese) i a few episodes.

So Funky Jedil...you were closer than I thought. Turns out I was watching RERUNS. That series (titled Ambassador Magma originally) actually started only 6 days before Ultraman.

However, I wasn't alive then. I guess I caught it when it was shown on TV in the us in 1978, when I was 3. (yes, I'm a freak and can remember things from when I was 2 and 3).

Thanks guys!

OMG!!! I have been trying to find out the name of this show for years now. I used to watch it all the time. And it is not strange that you remember events from 2 to 3 because I do too and this is one of those live action shows that I loved.

Thanks so much! I'm going to Youtube every episode I can find!

This has been bugging me lately, and I figured the knowledgeable folks on there migh be able to help me.

When I was a child, I remember seeing a live action show on television. Before you say "Transformers"...it was not. It was before Transformers. I think late 70's or early 80's.

There was a Japanese kid, maybe two, a boy and a girl. I seem to remember they wore school uniforms. There were a couple of robots that were also fighter jets, and when the jets went on their missions, the kids sat inside of them.

That's just about all I can remember (it HAS been 30 years after all). Does anyone have any memory of this show or knowledge of what it might be?
I just want to say thank you this same show had been bothering me for a while and when I searched and I came upon this website and your question, I was blown away. Thank you! Your memories of that show is almost exactly the same as mine. I remember that they lived in a mountain. They were giants. Also the sets and filming resembles Utlraman and Godzilla.

Again I just wanted to say Thank you. You made my search easy.

I just want to say thank you this same show had been bothering me for a while and when I searched and I came upon this website and your question, I was blown away. Thank you! Your memories of that show is almost exactly the same as mine. I remember that they lived in a mountain. They were giants. Also the sets and filming resembles Utlraman and Godzilla.

Again I just wanted to say Thank you. You made my search easy.
Gotta Love the internet!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back