Please tell me what this old Japanese show is..

The sad thing is Japanese live action shows haven't improved any in 30+ years. I remember TNT showing Ultra Seven at 6am in the 90s when i was getting ready to skip school...er I mean go to school.

I think Jet Beetle is a big fan too...he had the robots as his avatar for a while...I think....:$

I had the same question a few months ago. I remember them standing next to a set of large boots..lol. Jet came to rescue then too.

Whoelse wants that helmet and to be dressed up in some of those costumes...bad ass

Maguma Taishi - and I'm not a fan - I LIVE for the show - I've been obsessed with it since I was a little kid. How can you now love this -
vlcsnap-11378269.png

vlcsnap-15775373.png

vlcsnap-16729171.png

vlcsnap-12743954.png

vlcsnap-13003221.png

vlcsnap-12998906.png

vlcsnap-13009046.png

vlcsnap-11684496.png

vlcsnap-11719141.png

vlcsnap-11348599.png

Here's a kit I picked up at Wonderfestival in Tokyo about 2 years ago
kit.jpg

A couple of the whistles from my collection
whistles.jpg

A lamp from my collection
goalamp.jpg

I have many of the comic collection books from the 60's
ayanet8-img429x600-1196569672c94-1.jpg

Here's a pic of Miko nowadays
33.jpg

And i WILL NOT rest until I write and direct the Hollywood reboot.

Sorry if I got a little carried away with the pics - but I rarely get to flex my Taishi muscle in here.

Does anyone know who the "Superhost" was and the show he hosted? It was an older guy dressed in a superhero suit, and he would introduce kid shows on Saturday mornings.

SUperhost!!!!! You from Cleveland too?

Ahhh loved Supes.....3 stooges, Moronic Woman, Convoy and double feature of monster movies.

SUperhost!!!!! You from Cleveland too?

Ahhh loved Supes.....3 stooges, Moronic Woman, Convoy and double feature of monster movies.

I lived over in Youngstown, but we picked up that station. That was great. And they played The Great Space Coaster on weekdays too. I miss that stuff!!

Does anyone know who the "Superhost" was and the show he hosted? It was an older guy dressed in a superhero suit, and he would introduce kid shows on Saturday mornings.

once we got cable, I did!. 3 stooges re-runs then usually a double feature. I loved his bumpers..."The Moronic Woman" and Convoy stand out. My child mind was blown the first time I saw him filling in for the weekend anchor out of character.
I wish local stations still had their movie hosts.

Maguma Taishi - and I'm not a fan - I LIVE for the show - I've been obsessed with it since I was a little kid. How can you now love this -

vlcsnap-16729171.png

vlcsnap-12743954.png

Now that we're in the 21st century, do all japanese super-heros have satellite dishes on their heads, to replace the rabbit ears, of yester-year? :lol:lol:lol

-Fred

Due to Trademark, they are having trouble selling DVDs. It is supposed to be in the Public domain now, but the seller on Ebay who was selling sets keeps getting kicked off. So they set up a website to discuss the ongoing battle and why they cannot sell them on Ebay.

Check it out:
Space Giants VHS and DVDs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I just read the link I provided above.
To get around the selling issues, you can buy a comic issue and they "give" you the 11 DVD set free:

The original 1979 Space Giants comic (Copyright filed June 18th 1979 #VA-27-210) is still available for $59.95, signed by artist/writer/ PD Angel Gabriele, while supplies last.
Price includes The 11 DVD or VHS 52 episode set for FREE

Here's a pic of some of my collection (most is in storage) but you can see gam's Helmet I made out of a child's toy New York Jets helmet the little one I did from a bank I found at a garage sale - they're not perfect but I'm guilty of staring at them for hours. I'd wanted one since i was little. The Gam rocket is a custom done by a friend, made from balsa wood (just like the ones used on the show) measuring at 10in long. Gam was always my favorite - When i was 7 I used to have a red vest and blue pants I wore till they fell apart, pretending I was Gam. There is very little out there for the live action show by way of collecting - most of the stuff you find is designed after Tesuka's Manga which I do pick up - but the live action show is where it's at.
IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

Last edited:
Due to Trademark, they are having trouble selling DVDs. It is supposed to be in the Public domain now, but the seller on Ebay who was selling sets keeps getting kicked off. So they set up a website to discuss the ongoing battle and why they cannot sell them on Ebay.

Check it out:
Space Giants VHS and DVDs

I'll put a few feelers out there in my download sites i get everything from and see if I can get them on DVD or just the codes for everyone.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back