Please tell me what this old Japanese show is..

maboot38

This has been bugging me lately, and I figured the knowledgeable folks on there migh be able to help me.

When I was a child, I remember seeing a live action show on television. Before you say "Transformers"...it was not. It was before Transformers. I think late 70's or early 80's.

There was a Japanese kid, maybe two, a boy and a girl. I seem to remember they wore school uniforms. There were a couple of robots that were also fighter jets, and when the jets went on their missions, the kids sat inside of them.

That's just about all I can remember (it HAS been 30 years after all). Does anyone have any memory of this show or knowledge of what it might be?

Last edited:
Sorry, I should mention this is NOT Anime.

A live action show like this from the early 80s. Someone must remember.

It was PRE Robotech. Robotech and Transformers are from the same year I think. This would have been earlier than that.

OH MY GOD!!! You are brilliant! How did you do that? That's the show. I used to think it was so cool that the kid could fly in a jet.

OH MY GOD!!! You are brilliant! How did you do that? That's the show. I used to think it was so cool that the kid could fly in a jet.

just stumbles on it while searching around. I so remember that now after seeing the You tube stuff

So Funky Jedil...you were closer than I thought. Turns out I was watching RERUNS. That series (titled Ambassador Magma originally) actually started only 6 days before Ultraman.

However, I wasn't alive then. I guess I caught it when it was shown on TV in the us in 1978, when I was 3. (yes, I'm a freak and can remember things from when I was 2 and 3).

Thanks guys!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back