Please help with valuation: storm trooper armour UK

Jamie Davison

I am looking for some help, not sure if this is the correct place to post this but as far as I am aware you cannot post in the junkyard without a price. I am looking to sell my storm trooper armour but have no idea of its value.

I did ask the same question a fair few years ago and was told between 500 - 900 dollars. Now this is quite a broad range and its been some time since then so I am hoping you kind people could give me an update idea of what price to put on it, please bare in mind I am in the UK.

The armour is in good condition, has been in storage for a number of years, and would be sold with all that's seen below. The E-11 is quite a cheap cast, is a little bent and has been broken and repaired so I don't think it has much value.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful. I am hoping to get this sold soon to free up some space in the loft.

Thank you for your help!

Looks like an old FX to me. Great at the time, but wildly inaccurate.

With so many accurate sets now being available, I would think it's only going to be attactive to buyers who want an easy Halloween costume or as a piece of prop history.

If you can find someone who isn't clued up on stormtrooper armour, you may get lucky (especially as the blaster might attract buyers) and get £300 for it. Those in the know, however would give you considerably less.

Just my 2 cents worth.

That looks like FX and is quite obsolete at today's standards and blaster is some kind of ROTJ. Not sure about going prices though.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I really appreciate the input. A little lower than I had hoped but not far off, I was thinking between 3-400. I'm guessing I could probably get a tad more on eBay but that brings the associated risks. May just be worth the lesser value on here but knowing I wont get screwed over.

I would post over on the FISD. If the armour is FX you probably won't get much - although I did get AUD$700 for my old FX kit a couple of years back.

Not sure on the blaster, but it's defiantly based on ROTJ. There are not many ROTJ options available, so if it's accurate you may be on a winner with that! Again, FISD has the experts there. Maybe post a few more detailed pics on FISD to get opinions.

FISD is a good bet. Or the UK garrison board. Folks in the 501st have known and advised for some years now that the FX armor can be pretty easily "accurized" to fix what's off, and it'll make a good suit for a larger trooper. The FX helmet, though, is pretty universally panned. Maybe find someone who wants to butcher it into a Death Trooper. *heh*

But the armor, blaster, and soft goods would definitely be a worthwhile score for someone. :)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back