Please Help With My First Suit!

predonator

hello to all that view this. im going to be building a costume after i made my bio (pepakura). ive been looking through hundreds of posts. im trying to build my suit without liquid latex so was thinking, if i buy a mr 'I' suit then buy a spandex suit to go over it will i be able to paint the lycra spandax suit easily enough so the paint wont spread and run. any help would b amazing. i am a newbie to this site so please go easy. thank you for reading

Hey man, this sounds like a good idea. To be honest with you, my first suit was a non latex suit. I painted over a material muscle suit and then took so spandex leggings and painted then. I then added so muscles to the legs using bits of Upholstery foam that I cut into shape. I have added a couple of threads. The first is my budget bio thread. You need to scroll down to post #9.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/25918-my-p1-bio-budget-build-final-update-complete-see-page-2/

And second is the suit in action

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/26598-hunter-hunteds-avp-complete-wip-more-halloween-hunt-pictures-added/

hope this helps

Double H did u hand build your armour or peps. Either way ur suits pretty awesome. And your helmets good. If I'd known a helmet could look that goody with just masking tape I would just paired over mine. I've gone through fibre glass and body filler. And for a noob I think I've bitten to much For me to handle lol.

Double H did u hand build your armour or peps. Either way ur suits pretty awesome. And your helmets good. If I'd known a helmet could look that goody with just masking tape I would just paired over mine. I've gone through fibre glass and body filler. And for a noob I think I've bitten to much For me to handle lol.

My armour was made using made by hand using Vinmans AVP templates and then I added my own style and swing to them in places.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back