Please help with hoverboard parts

Ok, sounds great. No need to worry about the pit bull parts. These are pretty much finished so you can call them a wrap once the thickness is adjusted. What is the total length of the entire piece from top to bottom? Also, what is the size of the base of one disc currently? I wanted to play around with what the the optimum board size should be with these parts (as all screen boards varied in size from 7 1/4 x 27 1/2 to 8.25 x 30 including bevels).

Great freakin work guys!!! this is a bit of topic. I recently bought the Hoverboard Lenticular plastic from BTTF123 using the original ICONS HONEYCOMB LENTICULAR. I noticed the HOVER BOARD font is really off from the hero screen used. I believed BTTF123 used the "HOVER BOARD" vinyl cut out from the photoboard instead of the hero.

Clock88: You have a really nice screen accurated board made. I was wondering if you could help me get the correct HOVER BOARD font vinyl to upgrade mine. Icons comparison.jpg

Nice!

I have done a TON of research on the honeycomb lenticular (especially the color). I have come up with a way to make my own and I feel like I have finally nailed down the actual color. The stuff can look so different depending what light it is in. A color that looks perfect indoors will look way too purple outside. A color that looks great outdoor will look to salmony/orange inside.

If you look at the screen used hero boards, you can see that the color changes a lot as well (depending on lighting conditions). It is all about finding the right balance of pink. The honeycombs have a way of absorbing the color temperature of the light it is presented in.

I think Icon's made the mistake of going with 'hot pink' instead of a 'light pink' which was what the movie prop had. Although, it does look very nice (saw your youtube video) and maybe that's why the decided to go with it. The screen accurate color can look a little dull in certain situations (same with the screen used prop).

As for the font: That's BTTF123's own font he has used for a while on his replicas. Roland has very accurate vectors of both the hero board and the stunt board. I don't have them on this computer at the moment, but the files were made by Roland.

I hope to hear back from formula388 soon. Would be great to see these puppies wrapped. :)

Just saw your comment about the Icon's honeycombs being screen accurate... I'm sorry but the color is off. ;)

Icons went with hot pink instead of light pink. Still looks great though!

Hey Guys,

Sorry to ressurect this thread. I was wondering if anybody has some accurate (as possible) files so I can 3d print these parts?
I believe i need .STL files
Currently making a Marty hoverboard for a party in two weeks.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks.

Ozzykermit, unfortunatly right now I am not willing to release my drawing or STL files. I have been working on so many BTTF projects, this one got put on hold.
In the near future I plan on selling casts, 3d prints, and/or vacuformed pieces from my files. Stay tuned, I need to be reminded everyonce in a while.

Totally understand mate. Do you know of any files online anywhere?
I am needing to make them in the next week and a half for a party I am going to.
Really need to complete my board :)

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

If you desperately need them quickly, why not just scratch build them? They're not complex parts. Some wood, putty, and some basic tools (Like a drill and saw) should make some pretty respectable parts in not too much time.

-Nick

Just bumping this awesome thread (learned so much more about the hoverboard!) to see if there are any updates?

I was wondering about that myself.

I don't need a hero board like the run here, just something that would look good in pictures with my friends and things like that. Something more like the "stunt" boards.

I've been reading through this thread for an hour or two and I want to comment on how impressed I am with all the collaborative work on getting these 3D prints as accurate as possible. I've been taking some notes since I'd like to print my own sets at home. I hope no one minds if I gleen the information in this thread to make my own models. Thanks for all the fantastic work!

Hey all, I'm trying to find out the diameter of the silver area of the magnet on formula388's parts. It looks like he settled on the size of a CD (120mm) on page 4 (post 84), but I wanted to check with anyone who actually ordered in case it changed in the final design. I haven't heard back from formula388 about getting the parts yet, but I have an chance to get the decals printed ahead of time, so I want to go ahead and do that. I would appreciate any help.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back