Please Help! Johann Krauss Reference

Hello Folks,

after doing all the Hellboy Kroenen Masks and being inspired by Joatrash's work, I want to build the helmet from Johann Krauss.

I am already getting some help from Joe, but I still need more reference pics, as there is almost nothing available on the net.

So if you have any pictures of the character, I would be very happy if you can share.

If you don't want to post, my email address is thomas@hollywoodhardware.de

Many thanks!

Thomas

It would help if you would post a ref pic of what it is exactly you are
looking for, as it is impossible for everyone to know every character and
item out there and when you're totally unfamiliar with a object of the
request, it helps to have a "this"! I don't mind helping with a search if I
know what it is I am searching for........

If you mean this character/item:
johann.jpg

Click for larger similar image

Helmet on display

There seems to be a lot of images come up in Google search with just the name
Johann Krauss

Even searching for only larger images...
Large

If this is the wrong guy, apologies........

Shylaah

Yes, Shylaah, this is the character. I want to build the helmet including the chest piece.

I did of course search with google and have all the pics from the net in various resolutions.

That means, I have all the stuff you can find on the net.

But I was looking for better pictures, as there are only about 10 different on the net.

Almost a year ago, I took three pictures of the original suit at Spectral Motion, unfortunately only the full statue and only from two different angles. At that time I did not have the prop on my to do list.

That is the kind of pictures I am looking for.

Thank you for your help!

Thomas

The only other suggestions I'd have is to deeply scour flickr and blogs then cross reference any of those back through Google. If items have been on display anywhere around the world you can usually find fan posted pix, but often not under the direct and straight forward name of the character, but searching for all pix by character name, actor name, film name, the exhibit name, the exhibit venue, the exhibit town/dates....... sometimes you'll come up with some gold nuggets under an obscure "my trip" or similar generic photostream.........

Good luck with your search.

Shylaah

The only other suggestions I'd have is to deeply scour flickr and blogs then cross reference any of those back through Google. If items have been on display anywhere around the world you can usually find fan posted pix, but often not under the direct and straight forward name of the character, but searching for all pix by character name, actor name, film name, the exhibit name, the exhibit venue, the exhibit town/dates....... sometimes you'll come up with some gold nuggets under an obscure "my trip" or similar generic photostream.........

Good luck with your search.

Shylaah

That's funny, exactly the way I do it.

You were a big help it seems. The Krauss helmet on display at the IMATS 2011 in London was on a blog site. I did not find that pic before. So I sent the owner an email asking for more pics.

Also, the plaque under the helmet says "Propstore". I also sent them an email, maybe the piece is for sale.

Thank you!

Thomas

Ahh...Thomas smelled "blood" and is on track!

YEAH baby, another fine addition to the Tewoort Collection, once it´s done ;)

Markus

Yeah, I finally realized I was preaching to the choir!

Propstore, aye? Probably in their collection, I don't think something that iconic
would stay for sale very long.

Maybe you could pop over the channel and have an in-person look!? I hear London
is lovely this time of year!

Shylaah

Yeah, I finally realized I was preaching to the choir!

Propstore, aye? Probably in their collection, I don't think something that iconic
would stay for sale very long.

Maybe you could pop over the channel and have an in-person look!? I hear London
is lovely this time of year!

Shylaah

I already got an email from Tim. The piece is indeed in their collection, so it's not for sale and had not made his encounter with a photographer so far. But he promised to send me some more pics!

Thank you Shylaah, you gave me the right lead after all!

@Markus: Finally a project that is pushing my limits a little further :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back