PLEASE HELP-is this prop really screen used?

Petar

Hello everybody,

I'm planning to buy screen worn shirt of eBay which doesn't have COA.
Seller claims he got it directly from Universal Studios Costume Department,but when i contacted that same department,they told me they don't sell props nor wardrobe.
Seller said shirt has small pink tag that says ''Dee Tide'' which was code name for Jurassic World.
He also have picture of R.A. Rodnell wearing same shirt on set.
I have screen used shirt from Jurassic Park from screenused.com and it has theirs unique tag like this one: su tag.jpg
I also saw video within Studio itself,and EVERY SINGLE COSTUME has tag like this on picture.
Here is tag from seller on eBay:tag.jpg
Here is original listing from prop on eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JURASSIC-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
My question is:is the one on eBay fake because it doesn't have tag and COA,or is it screen used?

All comments are more then welcome.

Be careful. If the actual prop department told you they do not sell or let go of props, then I would proceed with caution. You did excellent detective work so far... but realize the seller could have done the same exact type of research to find out what "unique tags" and what type of markings they items should have. With so many photos out there and so much info available through past screen used auctions, people are getting more and more sophisticated in faking originals. The hardest part of it, is finding the exact same type of shirt... but once you do, faking the rest is easy when you have photos to guide you.

Be careful. If the actual prop department told you they do not sell or let go of props, then I would proceed with caution.

I wouldn't worry about this... The studio will never admit to selling off props or wardrobe to someone who randomly asks them that... If they chose to sell publicly, it'll be in an auction or something we all know about. Otherwise, sales are restricted to studio employees/cast/etc, and not the general public. They usually won't even admit these sales take place, as that will just invite hundreds of people trying to get info or sneak into them or whatever...

Even places like It's A Wrap don't openly advertise the shows their wardrobe comes from. It's all marked with codes, and you can ask what the codes mean if you really care, but they don't blatantly advertise it. (Granted, if the shirt has a Jurassic World patch on it, it's kind of obvious (apparently this did happen), but for generic wardrobe it's usually not clearly labelled.)

In all honesty, I'm surprised he even got a response...

But still be careful with the rest of it... In the end, you will never be able to _PROVE_ it's real unless you were on set and grabbed from the actor himself. You just have to trust your gut... You might be able to screen-match a stitch pattern or something if you see the actor clearly enough, but you won't know until you've already purchased it...

Unless you're planning on making it part of your wardrobe and wearing it regularly, in which case I wouldn't spend more than twenty bucks, you wil never get a return on your investment. However, if you're fool enough to buy a screen used piece with no provenance, shoot me a PM!

and bring your checkbook.

It's hard to tell with clothing made by standard brands like the one you posted.

However, I bought one of the shirts custom made for the movie from this seller with the Isla Nublar design on it. It was very accurate, so if it is not real, whoever made it had access to a production one.

I bought some fast and furious wardrobe from this seller and he provided photos of the items just outside of the universal wardrobe dept with the tags shown. Not exactly the best documentation but he stated that for any reason the pieces could be returned no questions asked so I bought and I must say they match up exactly to what's on screen. He would also take more pictures upon request of whatever angle I asked questions and always quickly answered all my questions. Did you end up getting the wardrobe?

I bought some fast and furious wardrobe from this seller and he provided photos of the items just outside of the universal wardrobe dept with the tags shown. Not exactly the best documentation but he stated that for any reason the pieces could be returned no questions asked so I bought and I must say they match up exactly to what's on screen. He would also take more pictures upon request of whatever angle I asked questions and always quickly answered all my questions. Did you end up getting the wardrobe?

I didn't bought it.
He lied to me about that youtuber when he told me he was his costumer,and when i PM that same yotuber he told me he got those shirts from guy he knew who worked on movie.
I would rather buy prop with COA even if it cost more,then something like that shirt and have doubts about it.
Interesting thing is that he took down all of his Jurassic World props at same time off eBay,i wonder why?
And he also sent me photos of Universal wardrobe dept which it ''proof'' of originality.
Here are those photosUniversal 98 .jpgMummy Universal  97.jpgUniversal 99.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back