Please Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenblomi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello... Im a newbie to this site and i feel like a jerk that i didnt know much about it until recently... but I'm a big Star wars fan/collector and do a lot of artsy type stuff... blah blah blah... Im working on a Life Size Darth Maul Display and would like to share in my adventures... I will post some pics soon...

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 Darth Maul Build

The Mannequin I will be using was purchased from www.zingdisplay.com... its fully posable and just awesome... a little pricey but should be worth it...
FlexMGF-1.jpg

Last edited:

I also went ahead and ordered some glass eyes from this site I found that did custom work... http://www.tohickonglasseyes.com/ ...I was a bit nervous about how they were gonna turn out because they only charged me $35 to custom make the eyes. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived...
10997-697347179-2493422143-0.jpeg

I know these are not the greatest pictures but I'm working with a crappy cell phone camera :(

Last edited:

I am currently working with a less then standard head (to say the least) for this built and was hoping to purchase a genuine Cyberman bust for the project, we'll see what happens...

Last edited:

Word of advise.... You won't win many friends on this site working with a recasting. If you want to maintain the peace and work on projects like this - keep them to yourself and don't try and glorify yourself with a recasting of my work on here!

Word of advise.... You won't win many friends on this site working with a recasting. If you want to maintain the peace and work on projects like this - keep them to yourself and don't try and glorify yourself with a recasting of my work on here!

I DEFINITELY dont want to do that... any chance of me acquiring the genuine article...?

Last edited:

I have dressed as Maul several times for Halloween and have acquired different pieces for the outfit over the years and it looks pretty impressive to the untrained eye, but its still very far from screen accurate... I currently have mostly a modified Utopia Base suit... some of you may be familiar with it... wrong material, ect... I've been seriously considering purchasing a Kropserkel suit, but I want to make sure its worth the price tag... It looks pretty frickin sweet from pictures i've seen, but i have also read some mixed reviews on the RPF... anybody got any advice there..?

Last edited:

Here is a crappy picture of my current mannequin build up without the head... I had a stuffed mask on it but it was removed for ridiculousness... Im still waiting for my New Zing Display mannequin i ordered to arrive... it should be here by next week!

10998-697347188-2493422173-0.jpeg

Again ... a crappy cell phone pic...

Last edited:

As Phil has already said you wont get any help or love on this forum with a recast piece regardless where or how you came by it. It's just bad form period.

another thing thats crazy and a bit off subject is it seems i apparently subscribed to this site back in Oct of 2010 but i dont remember doing it... I can only imagine that i was doing research for a Halloween costume at the time and must have wanted to ask somebody something... but then after researching this Maul build and stuff I wanted to join again when i just tried to sign up the other day it said my email was already in use... thats why i feel like such a jerk for not knowing much about this site until recently... just thought i'd add that...

Last edited:

As Phil has already said you wont get any help or love on this forum with a recast piece regardless where or how you came by it. It's just bad form period.

Dually Noted... I have already contacted Phil for Genuin piece... Thanks!

Last edited:

I was just going thru my cell phone pics and saw these pictures from a few Halloweens ago so thought I would share...
11001-697518123-2494011877-0.jpeg

just a random pic from a party...not the best makeup job but not bad for an hours time, and this pic was taken at the end of the night

And who says "grown folks" can't dress as yoda...
11000-697517390-2494009352-0.jpeg

10999-697516869-2494007520-0.jpeg

YEAH THATS ME!

Last edited:

Hey Kenblomi!

Mate Im new to this forum aswell and I can understand your excitement in getting a new life size star wars piece for your collection BUT I cringed when I read your thread and wasnt sure if you were trying to be funny and take a swipe at the creaters of the real pieces or not.

I believe you are genuine but I personally would enquire with Cyberman if he would have a genuine Maul bust he could sell you (He's a nice,genuine guy) and destroy your recast
OR.... just dissappear into the sunset mate.

Like I said Im also new and thats just my 2 cents worth.

I already did, and I removed/edited my original post... I meant no disrespect:behave

Hey Kenblomi!

Mate Im new to this forum aswell and I can understand your excitement in getting a new life size star wars piece for your collection BUT I cringed when I read your thread and wasnt sure if you were trying to be funny and take a swipe at the creaters of the real pieces or not.

I believe you are genuine but I personally would enquire with Cyberman if he would have a genuine Maul bust he could sell you (He's a nice,genuine guy) and destroy your recast
OR.... just dissappear into the sunset mate.

Like I said Im also new and thats just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back