Please close Post. Help found!!!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by pmrjulio, Jun 9, 2006.

1. pmrjulio

pmrjulio New Member

Poster for a friend:

Here's my problem and I haven't been able to get help anywhere? This is the one I just got from AJ Collecting and according to Jerry at MR, this cannot be replaced which is fine, but he said they can't even fix it?.? Not even if I paid to get it fixed I even asked him about telling me how to take it apart and I have yet to get a response. So what I need to know is if anyone here knows how to take one of these apart so "I" can fix it myself?

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obitop8vf.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=obitop25et.jpg

2. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thats exactly like the one I received directly from MR when my order arrived. There was a metal piece in the tube handle that slide up and down making a metalic klunk as well. My top piece was able to shift slightly to near proper allignment. Good luck on that one.
    Pure guess work here: My guess is that the red button and purple hemi piece screws or is just glued in. Removing those first may alloow the top piece to be removed. You may be ably to re drill or just JB weld the piece in properly. I have heard the bottom handle has had glue stiull showing as well, so the pieces may be a combination of screw together pieces as well glued sections and pieces.

3. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

It looks defective. Why can't you return it to AJ Collecting??

FB

4. classicbullwhips

classicbullwhips New Member

Ya I have to agree with franz bolo and try to return it because of it being defective.

5. tripoli

tripoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

AJ sells it as defectiveas with all of his MR auctions. You know that you are buying damaged MR pieces when dealing with him.

6. eFXBarry

eFXBarry Well-Known Member

The very top face of the emitter unscrews (the angled edge and the face plate are all one machined piece). The Obi Elite is held together by a central bolt that runs the length of the saber. Or you can try unscrewing it from the base bellow the silver pommel cubes, if it hasn't been glued on.

Barry

7. pmrjulio

pmrjulio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>(tripoli @ Jun 9 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1259070[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks guys for your replies.
    My friend got someone who will fix it.
    Someone asked why not to send it back, and the reason for it is that it is an AP.