Playmates TNG Tricorder Functional Upgrade

JakeOfAllTrades

Hi folks,

I am working on modifying a beat-up Playmates tricorder into something that is equal parts improved replica and functional tool. I'll be keeping something of a build log on my blog, and I'll post updates to this thread. First post is here: http://jakehildebrandt.com/2015/05/27/functional-tricorder-part-1/

I've got most of the hardware and software working in separate modules. It's mostly down to putting it all together now. I am usually a wood and metal guy, so the plastic work on this is something of an adventure for me. I may come here for guidance on Bondo and painting, but I got that Volpin ebook so hopefully that'll cover it.

One thing I would like some input on at this stage is decals. What is the go-to printing method and medium for something like this? Glossy and colorful in kind of a plastic-y way would be great. I'm extremely comfortable with the design part in Inkscape, but I'm not sure how (or perhaps where) to get it printed.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back