PlatinumPatriot - Metal Master Chief build

PlatinumPatriot

It is my intent, with this thread, to make a FULL METAL MASTER CHIEF costume.I have a press, and over time, I believe I can make a full costume out of thin sheet metal.The Journey will be long and expensive, but well-rewarding.

Last edited:
1st, i have to make the entire suit out of paper.

mc01q.png

mc02o.png

mc03r.png

mc04g.png

Last edited:
Great work on the pep; I can't wait to see how this works out for you.

What kind of sheet metal are you using? If I remember correctly, the guy who made the Witch-King of Angmar suit used 20ga aluminum, and the weight wasn't a huge deal for him.

I will probably use 20-22 gauge. If I use too heavy, it\'ll suck to wear. If it\'s too thin, it\'ll tear like tin foin in my press.

I\'m working on the forearm right now, Pepped one out, and it was too small, so i\'m looking for a different design.

Are you just planning to make "metal Pep", or how do you plan to recreate the smooth curves that would have been done with Bondo over the paper Pep?

Are you just planning to make "metal Pep", or how do you plan to recreate the smooth curves that would have been done with Bondo over the paper Pep?

- I'm going to make a reverse mould, which will actually be 2 moulds (1 that fits inside the other), and then place a piece of steel sheet between the 2, and use my hydraulic press to stamp the piece. With some cutting, grinding and welding, it'll fit perfectly, look great, and I wont have to be CAREFUL that I dont break it, like fiberglass ones.

Press:
300_Ton_Niagara_Metal_Stamping_Press.jpg

Example of Stamped Steel:
main.jpg

I'm going to have to make alot of pieces though... alot of moulds, so this is going to take a while.

Fortunately, I only have to make 1 set of mould for the Helmet, Chest, Back, Hand Plate, Cod, and Shins.

Everything else is "Left/Right-Specific", so I have to make 2 sets of those parts. (Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Thigh, Boots...)

Last edited:
Some tips when you got o make this out of metal roll the outer edges of the constructed pieces that way you won't be cut by the metal, and on the boots make sure you have the bottom on and I suggest using thick EVA foam once you have the metal boots made to make the soles out of.

It is my intent, with this thread, to make a FULL METAL MASTER CHIEF costume.I have a press, and over time, I believe I can make a full costume out of thin sheet metal.The Journey will be long and expensive, but well-rewarding.

This is awesome, and it looks like you have a very realistic goal and method, and the knowledge to go about it. Can't wait to see the result!

I think your torso might want to be scaled up a little before you commit that to metal. It looks good but maybe a little small.

This build is looking great so far! If this turns out well, would you consider other armors? Like, TK's or Vaders? Keep up the great work!

PS: Once you have the molds made, I imagine you could make a slaying selling metal MC armor. I, for one, would be at the top of the list! Keep up the great work!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back