Plasti Spray.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Preds

Hey yo. just wanted to put this up here for anyone who was wonderin how to get a good layer of black coating on Backer Rod Dreads. if you used black spraypaint you know what i mean buy Chipping and wearing off. anyways. i want to AC Hardware. and looked for Plasti Dip. upon looking for the Dip. i found something even cooler. Pasti Spray. its like a dream come true for Back rod dread Users. You really have to try and get the coating of rubber off the dreads. 2 Layers fo Plasti Spray and yoru back rod dreads are good to go for years.

they even feel like rubber so its knda cool. rather than the spray pain chipping all over your floor and clothes. just use tape to cover your beads or rings on ur dreads if you have any on them at the time.. what i did. Plsti Dip is cool and all. but takes more time,money, and you wont have enough in one can for all ur deads. with the spray. its a even coat on all of them. i still have half the can left.

Anyways i just wanted to let everyone know. Plasti Spray is the way to go for your budget dreads. it comes in black red and White.. id use white to cover up latex messups on masks and go back over it with airbrush. unless you got some other way to do it. thats all you. hope this helps someone. pictures below of what the Backer rod plasti spray looks like.

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ofak

Hey yo. just wanted to put this up here for anyone who was wonderin how to get a good layer of black coating on Backer Rod Dreads. if you used black spraypaint you know what i mean buy Chipping and wearing off. anyways. i want to AC Hardware. and looked for Plasti Dip. upon looking for the Dip. i found something even cooler. Pasti Spray. its like a dream come true for Back rod dread Users. You really have to try and get the coating of rubber off the dreads. 2 Layers fo Plasti Spray and yoru back rod dreads are good to go for years.

they even feel like rubber so its knda cool. rather than the spray pain chipping all over your floor and clothes. just use tape to cover your beads or rings on ur dreads if you have any on them at the time.. what i did. Plsti Dip is cool and all. but takes more time,money, and you wont have enough in one can for all ur deads. with the spray. its a even coat on all of them. i still have half the can left.

Anyways i just wanted to let everyone know. Plasti Spray is the way to go for your budget dreads. it comes in black red and White.. id use white to cover up latex messups on masks and go back over it with airbrush. unless you got some other way to do it. thats all you. hope this helps someone. pictures below of what the Backer rod plasti spray looks like.
:)

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg
Oh thank god!! I know exactly what you are talking about when you say cracking and chipping. I put two layers of regular spray paint on, once it dried i was like hmmm didn't think it would adhere to this. Then after a bit it started flaking off. So the black plasti dip spray is the way to go huh? Any type of preparation for the rods i need to do before?

ptgreek

ha ..PlastiDip spray is what most of us mean when referring to it ..Plastidip is the name of the company. Glad you found it though ..great stuff ..I hope you are using a respirator when spraying it, and in a well ventilated area. Most of us in the hobby or industry refer to it as "death in a can"

.Oh ...and where in Stockton do ya live? ..spent quite a few years there myself when attending UOP.