Plasti dip and a cape?

bhodie

Hey guys, has anyone ever tried to plasti dip a fabric cape (for Halloween)? Basically just trying to get a simple looking latex/rubber texture cape. Sort of like a 89 batman style (texture wise)

Or would I be better off just buying black liquid latex and rolling it on the cape?

item details:
-store bought cape (polyester fabric)

You can buy fabric that has that latex/rubber texture in the first place, which would be a lot easier than retro-fitting a cape. And a store-bought cape is going to have a pretty basic cut to begin with. I've never tried doing either of the steps you suggested, so can't help there...

i tried the plasti-dip on my vest. whych is made of cordura. it just rubbed right off. doesnt work on fabric

i tried the plasti-dip on my vest. whych is made of cordura. it just rubbed right off. doesnt work on fabric

I'll second that. I tried making tires once out of metal wire frames wrapped in black cloth. I hoped the plasti-dip would make them look like rubber but it failed. The only way this might work is if you had a vat of the stuff and even then you would have to do multiple coats

I'll second that. I tried making tires once out of metal wire frames wrapped in black cloth. I hoped the plasti-dip would make them look like rubber but it failed. The only way this might work is if you had a vat of the stuff and even then you would have to do multiple coats

:confused Wow, you would think that idea would have worked.

So based on the feedback I'm getting this will be a "No go".

How about car undercoat? You can get the rubberized hi-quality stuff. It sure sticks to your clothes by accident.

Would one buy that in an automotive store, like auto zone, o'riley auto parts? Does this come in a rattle can by chance?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back