Plaster issues

MorphMan

Hello i have some issues with a cast i did of my head to day with plaster strips.
It is still wet and starting to fall apart, dont know if it the car ride home effected it either
with -3 out side.
Some areas are hard and some still wet.
any ideas?

too much moisture where you did it is what causes that.you need to get into a warm dry environment to get that dry.plaster will harden in an hour outside in the summer.will fully dry out in a day or 2 under normal conditions.

you used plaster bandages, correct? they should harden quickly ..and dry out fully with in the day. Best method for using them ...cut two feet of strip ..fold in half ..dunk into warm salt water ..wring out the excess water ..then apply. Were you putting the bandages directly on your face and head ..or was it a jacket for a lifecast of your head?

It seemd like the head was bleeding water it was cold and wet.

It was straight to my face with no creams at all.
hurt like **** to take it off dont recomend this with out vaselin or cream.
it dreyd up after like 15 hours and it should be dry after 45 mins.
And now its almost falling apart.
But got a nice head doll from my sisters time at hairdresser school.

But if u have any clues what whent wrong post it

too much moisture where you did it is what causes that.you need to get into a warm dry environment to get that dry.plaster will harden in an hour outside in the summer.will fully dry out in a day or 2 under normal conditions.

Oki thx for u answer.

Make sure you squeeze as much of the water out as much as you can. that will help. ha Never heard of anyone doing it directly to the face without alginate. i feel bad for your hairs haha

Ok, I have done the plaster badages on the face for 2 masquerade mask.

Sounds that the plaster bandages may be out of date, double check the date as old plaster will not set correctly! and may explain why it's taken ages to set.

Secondly I haven't burnt my face! as long as your not shoving loads on your face.

I used small strips which I precut and which helps conforms around the face.

After making a good amount of precuts before hand I then put a light coat of vaseline around the face and a good layer across my eyebrows (Trust me I have very bushy eyebrows), and then start building a good layer of plaster bandages, 3-4 layers.

After that pop the mask off your face and then give it a good clean lol

It seemd like the head was bleeding water it was cold and wet.

It was straight to my face with no creams at all.
hurt like **** to take it off dont recomend this with out vaselin or cream.
it dreyd up after like 15 hours and it should be dry after 45 mins.
And now its almost falling apart.
But got a nice head doll from my sisters time at hairdresser school.

But if u have any clues what whent wrong post it
Dude-- I do lifecasting all the time--DONT EVER PUT PLASTER DIRECTLY ON YOUR SKIN!!!!! I know some people will disagree with me-- to each their own-- I would never suggest this at all. Plaster goes on the alginate or silicone only.
Plaster bandages are awesome when used correctly. Sounds like too much water there my friend.

see my site
shave good first
lots lots of chrisco and Pam  kep them thin. i make my qwn by dipping the cloth strips in  kinda thim plaster and no more than 4 thickness thick.too thick and it get hot not the plaster casts oof oldendays  put in the back to get hot on purpose and the heat helped with backpain.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back