plasma cannon from a dyson

troggs

Hi all, this is my first attempt at a cannon using spare bits I've hoarded for using with my plastic model kits.
I started by using the small suction head from a dyson hoover, I stripped it down as much as I could, then used two different thicnesses of pipe to build up the basic shape.

DSCF2898.JPG

To this I added foam to the front and stuck on lots of spare bits from things like tanks and robots. The round bits at the rear are cardboard with holes and half barrels.
The mount is a leg from a lego blok bot, this way I can separate it from the cannon if I need to.

DSCF2901.JPG

The cannon was then primed in grey, it will now have to be put to one side until I have the armour made and ready for painting.

DSCF2902.JPG

As you can see this is my own take on a cannon, let me know what you think, suggestions and criticism are both welcome.

DSCF2889.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, glad you like it, I can only do small parts of my costume at the moment, this is going to be a surprise for my family, but as we have a lot of family staying over on halloween, I can't start on the suit fully till after then, but I will be starting converting my football shoulder pads into the armour next.

Thats such a great way to use a hoover!! I think youve done so well with the cannon!!
Its great to see people making pred props from everyday stuff around the house.

I am liking it a lot! I actually like it much better than the foam one I just built and posted! I like the idea of the mount as well! Very creative!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back