PKD - Raptor: A Concept Gun Design for Gaff

I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but that is straight up theft of your IP.... You might be entitled to compensation...

Any thought on either releasing / selling .stl print files or doing a run of these? (either by yourself or by partnering with someone able to handle a large print run as I'm sure you'll have a ton of interest)

I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but that is straight up theft of your IP.... You might be entitled to compensation...

im new here ,....but this sounds kinda harsh,.....yes this mod was made from ricks design,....but the guy literaly modeled the whole thing from scratch using ricks concept, he's not charging money for the mod, thats generaly frowned upon in the modding community this is total fan service,......i my self have modeled and 3d printed my own version of ricks snubnose blaster for myself,...literaly a straight up copy,....do i owe rick compensation too?.......doesnt someone have to profit in order to owe compensation ?

i mean no disrespect ,... it just seems a little harsh jumping to talk about lawsuits,.....especialy for something as harmless as a mod

im new here ,....but this sounds kinda harsh,.....yes this mod was made from ricks design,....but the guy literaly modeled the whole thing from scratch using ricks concept, he's not charging money for the mod, thats generaly frowned upon in the modding community this is total fan service,......i my self have modeled and 3d printed my own version of ricks snubnose blaster for myself,...literaly a straight up copy,....do i owe rick compensation too?.......doesnt someone have to profit in order to owe compensation ?

i mean no disrespect ,... it just seems a little harsh jumping to talk about lawsuits,.....especialy for something as harmless as a mod

There is no indication that it's a mod in the video link... In fact Doppelganger01 said "I just want to purchase the game and see more."...

If the company or individual is using his design in a commercial product, then yes, he is due compensation...

Sorry. I did not mean to create any issues about the use of my design in a video game. I am not looking for any compensation. I am genuinely flattered that someone has taken the time and effort to recreate a variant of my design, either as a digital model, or as an actual model. I do not want there to be any hard feelings among any of us. I have been influenced by others and I enjoy recreating digital models of classic sci-fi props too. I am honored that something that I made has influenced others.

Sincerely,

Rick

There is no indication that it's a mod in the video link... In fact Doppelganger01 said "I just want to purchase the game and see more."...

If the company or individual is using his design in a commercial product, then yes, he is due compensation...

im pretty sure this is a grey area for game modding, if the developer of the game, bethesda softworks copied ricks design and sold it in theyre game then im sure he could sue, no problem....but if a third party modder makes content for a game, your not selling anything,...im fairly sure the most that could be done is a Cease and desist notice, game developers themselves have done this in the past preventing modders from making content from previous games for the newer current games..but its only ever been Cease and desist orders..other wise the video game modding community wouldn't have thrived to the point that it has for the last 20 years, you woudnt be able to download thing like M41a pulse rifles, blade runner blasters, lightsabers , mandalorian armor,.ect ect ect,.......please dont get me wrong ...im not arguing in favor of theft or piracy by any means, but if things were as black and white as your saying,...a whole other community of hobbiest wouldnt exist, and we wouldnt be having this discussion :)

Any thought on either releasing / selling .stl print files or doing a run of these? (either by yourself or by partnering with someone able to handle a large print run as I'm sure you'll have a ton of interest)

At present, my files are not print ready. In addition, I still need to engineer the breach break mechanism and part break-down. Once I do this, I will print one to see if it works before I decide how to proceed next. I will try to post updates here, as I make them.

At present, my files are not print ready. In addition, I still need to engineer the breach break mechanism and part break-down. Once I do this, I will print one to see if it works before I decide how to proceed next. I will try to post updates here, as I make them.
Great news Rick! So good to have you active around here again. Such a fan of your work. We will all be cheering you on. (y)

Saving cash and crossing fingers! Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh MAN !

Hope everything works out Rick this would be fantastic......

Well since Rick has so kindly given permission for work to be shared in this thread. Here's a little something I've been working on.

Render 1.png

Render 3.png

Render 2.png

I too, am trying to wrap my head around a break mechanism and the best way to break the parts down. But while I do that, I'm working on another Rick Ross special.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Oh and I forgot to add, Doppelganger01, the Variant Raptor you saw on Pinterest? It's by a guy going by BigBangCollectibles on Facebook.

Well since Rick has so kindly given permission for work to be shared in this thread. Here's a little something I've been working on.

View attachment 986982

View attachment 986984

View attachment 986983

I too, am trying to wrap my head around a break mechanism and the best way to break the parts down. But while I do that, I'm working on another Rick Ross special.

View attachment 986985

View attachment 986986

Oh and I forgot to add, Doppelganger01, the Variant Raptor you saw on Pinterest? It's by a guy going by BigBangCollectibles on Facebook.

Thank you for sharing. Those look great!

Rick

I just spoke with Shawn Morgan (aka Morganthirteen on the RPF) about working together on this project. He and I have known one another for years and he is one of the most talented and skillful makers I know. He has a small array of FormLab 2 printers and has offered to assist me with printing the multiple parts I will need to produce the sub-assemblies that will make up the finished, articulating (breach break) model. I still need to finish some retooling and STL file creation, but Shawn has kindly offered to print my parts once I complete the inventory of parts. For now, I will do this in incremental goals. Printing the parts will be my first goal. I will update you further as I proceed. Please continue to bear with me a little while longer. I am committed to seeing this finished.

Rick

I just spoke with Shawn Morgan (aka Morganthirteen on the RPF) about working together on this project. He and I have known one another for years and he is one of the most talented and skillful makers I know. He has a small array of FormLab 2 printers and has offered to assist me with printing the multiple parts I will need to produce the sub-assemblies that will make up the finished, articulating (breach break) model. I still need to finish some retooling and STL file creation, but Shawn has kindly offered to print my parts once I complete the inventory of parts. For now, I will do this in incremental goals. Printing the parts will be my first goal. I will update you further as I proceed. Please continue to bear with me a little while longer. I am committed to seeing this finished.

Rick
Excellent news and most exciting! (y)

This is an update. I have completed my redesign and inventory of the parts for printing. At present, there are 211 parts to print. Once cleaned, I will assemble into sub-assemblies for molding. This will reduce the number of parts for making the actual prop. I am still on a thousand mile trek, but I am now many steps into that journey. More to follow.

pkd%20raptor%20final_zpsoghbj5fm.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back