PKD - Raptor: A Concept Gun Design for Gaff

Yes Rick, but what of the Raptor??? ;) Still one of the most stunning designs I've ever seen. (y)

Hi Tmax,

Sorry. Didn't mean to go too far off topic. The El Dorado gun and the Josh Randall gun were big influences on my Gaff gun design, which is still in my queue of digital projects. As with the spinner project that got halted when I moved and had to give up my work space, I still need to finish engineering the surface model into a workable, 3D printable model. I have many more hours to go on it, but have resumed work on it this week. I know it's been more than 4 years now that I have been saying, "soon", for all projects, but I sincerely hope to return to the hobby one day soon. In the meantime, I will continue to prep Gaff's gun so I can, at least, print the parts, like I did for the Zhora gun, and then hopefully have a new work space arranged by then. Keep your fingers crossed.

Sincerely,

Rick

One of the JOSEY WALES Colt Walkers was also in Lonesome Dove , Long Riders , Three Amigos , Tom Horn..They where converted to fire 38 cal blanks..I've got some old 5 in 1 empty shells still in the box from Stembridge rentals , they supplied most of this movie stuff..As a super obscure one , the rifle Calamity Jane has on the stagecoach at the top of the movie is the Winchester from the movie Hondo with JW.. he Only used that exact loop shape in that movie ..There are loads of re - use Guns in Hollywood movies and even in Spaghetti Westerns ! !

I think you should write that book.:)

Just caught the bump for this thread... Wow Rick. I'm sure there are no more words left to describe the greatness of your design and your finishing work on the render is awesome.
I'd love to make one one day....

Hi Tmax,

Sorry. Didn't mean to go too far off topic. The El Dorado gun and the Josh Randall gun were big influences on my Gaff gun design, which is still in my queue of digital projects. As with the spinner project that got halted when I moved and had to give up my work space, I still need to finish engineering the surface model into a workable, 3D printable model. I have many more hours to go on it, but have resumed work on it this week. I know it's been more than 4 years now that I have been saying, "soon", for all projects, but I sincerely hope to return to the hobby one day soon. In the meantime, I will continue to prep Gaff's gun so I can, at least, print the parts, like I did for the Zhora gun, and then hopefully have a new work space arranged by then. Keep your fingers crossed.

Sincerely,

Rick

Oh no you misunderstand, you can go as off-topic as you like. Although I think you were still very much on topic. ;) I just REALLY want to see the Raptor come to fruition. It’s a grail item for me! Hit me up Rick if I can assist you in any way possible to make the Raptor a reality. I’d be honored to help out. (y)

Oh no you misunderstand, you can go as off-topic as you like. Although I think you were still very much on topic. ;) I just REALLY want to see the Raptor come to fruition. It’s a grail item for me! Hit me up Rick if I can assist you in any way possible to make the Raptor a reality. I’d be honored to help out. (y)

No worries. I am very cautious about making any announcements about any of my projects. In the past, whenever I made statements about what I'm working on next, timelines, etc., life always got in the way and shut me down - "best laid plans of mice and men". Now, I'll just speak quietly and continue to work behind the scenes.

Very much still In love with this blade Runner concept weapon. No prop I can think of exsept the original pistol surpasses It. It Is a truest piece of art In design and creativity. And I would still give everything exsept my soul to own one lol.
Fell In love with It when you first unveiled It Rick. Still In love with It today.

Amazing piece of Art!

Sincerely

Sean

Very much still In love with this blade Runner concept weapon. No prop I can think of exsept the original pistol surpasses It. It Is a truest piece of art In design and creativity. And I would still give everything exsept my soul to own one lol.
Fell In love with It when you first unveiled It Rick. Still In love with It today.

Amazing piece of Art!

Sincerely

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them. I hope I really can finish this one finally. When I gave up my work space in 2015, I really messed up my plans for all projects. It could not be helped, though.

FYI for anyone who has tried to contact me through www.plagerkatsumata.com or www.reddragonkipplecompany.com, I am about 2 years behind on answering emails. I try to answer them as they come in now, but it will take me awhile to catch up on all.

Thank you again, Sean.

Rick

He has it in the first episode , towards the end .. THE REBEL ( Johnny Yuma ) it's his dad's gun who was the Sheriff of Johnny's town..My gun has a stock & is the 3:10 to YUMA gun 50s original version with Glenn Ford ..

I finally saw S1 E1 of The Rebel. Looks like the same gun to me. I could not see the hole in the stock, but this episode did not have any hero shots of the gun. I will watch a couple more episodes to see if it is framed better in subsequent shots. One thing I did take note of was that The Rebel was also a Paramount production, like El Dorado, and by 1968-69 ST-TOS had been acquired by Gulf Western, which owned Paramount. Spectre of the Gun was produced under their ownership. This is a curiosity for me. If the same gun was used in all three productions, then at the very least, the gun was rented from the same prop house armory, I imagine. This could be merely a coincidence, if there was only one prop house armory that supplied all western era guns to Hollywood during this time. I just do not know much about this history.

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them. I hope I really can finish this one finally. When I gave up my work space in 2015, I really messed up my plans for all projects. It could not be helped, though.

FYI for anyone who has tried to contact me through www.plagerkatsumata.com or www.reddragonkipplecompany.com, I am about 2 years behind on answering emails. I try to answer them as they come in now, but it will take me awhile to catch up on all.

Thank you again, Sean.

Rick

Thank you Rick and just stay well and get back on top my Friend....

Evolution of a "Boom-Stick"

I started this project in 2009 with a sketch, which I have since lost. I then started blocking out parts in clay, resin, wood, and acrylic to establish the geography of the parts I wanted before creating the digital model. The original clay sketches were goofy, but they were a necessary step in the evolution of the design.

Altered image of Stevens 12 Ga shotgun to look like the El Dorado gun.

mississippi%20gun1_zpstlpvkcpy.jpg

DSCF0445_zps2igfqjri.jpg

DSCF0446_zpsjioxkbvb.jpg

DSCF0449_zpsa3et9lhw.jpg

DSCF0452_zpskjcknoy6.jpg

Final%201_zpsfbn3pw8u.jpg

Final%202_zpstfjjtrzb.jpg

Final%203_zpsect7nyen.jpg

Rick

Attachments

• mississippi%20gun1_zpshluite8l.jpg
    mississippi%20gun1_zpshluite8l.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
This turned up in my YouTube feed this morning. I am not a big gamer and do not recognize this game. It seems that they are using variations of my Gaff gun design. Do any of you know the game. I am flattered by its use. I just want to purchase the game and see more.

Similarly, for the builder of the gun variant on Pintrest. I am flattered that they made their versions too. Please feel free to share your work in this thread.

Sincerely,

Rick

This turned up in my YouTube feed this morning. I am not a big gamer and do not recognize this game. It seems that they are using variations of my Gaff gun design. Do any of you know the game. I am flattered by its use. I just want to purchase the game and see more.

Similarly, for the builder of the gun variant on Pintrest. I am flattered that they made their versions too. Please feel free to share your work in this thread.

Sincerely,

Rick

Rick that is so cool! (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back