PKD Blaster Resin Replica from Applied Scienes Division

Jack

That's the police version, without the magazine leds and the cutout on the base of the grip.

I would paint it plain black to keep it screen accurate.

Win7ermute

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You don't want to buy a recast. A member here offers a nice 3D printed PKD

I gather he's already bought it.

OP, the picture I posted is the police version, although only the grip is ever seen in the movie so it's a little speculative. Since the grips on yours are solid you'll never get the true amber translucent look, so black is a good way to go.

OfficerK

You don't want to buy a recast. A member here offers a nice 3D printed PKD
I already bought it. What's wrong with a recast? It was only 50 bps. Someone posted repainted pics of it on Instagram and it looked great. How much is he charging for this 3d printed one?

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I already bought it. What's wrong with a recast? It was only 50 bps. Someone posted repainted pics of it on Instagram and it looked great. How much is he charging for this 3d printed one?
Recasting is simply copying someone's work then reselling it. It's a big no no in the replica prop community. There probably 100 threads regarding the topic. But in this case ASD created a mold from a Tomenosuke and made resin casts from it. Don't worry, I didn't know anything about recasting when I joined.

OfficerK

Recasting is simply copying someone's work then reselling it. It's a big no no in the replica prop community. There probably 100 threads regarding the topic. But in this case ASD created a mold from a Tomenosuke and made resin casts from it. Don't worry, I didn't know anything about recasting when I joined.
I didn't know this guy copied the Tomenosuke. Are we sure he did though?

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't know this guy copied the Tomenosuke. Are we sure he did though?
It certainly looks like it. Maybe some Tomenosuke owners can chime in. I looked at some of their other stuff and the Supernatural Colts looks like a recast of a members here. Most folks outside of the prop forum/community have no idea about recasting so dont sweat it.