Pitch Black - Vin Diesel's Riddick Costume

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
This is the newest addition to my collection, took me years to get it, but I couldn't be happier with it now it's here!

The entire display is made up of screen used items. Aswell as his goggles, he's holding his hero metal shiv and his blindfold from the opening of the film and even has a set of Riddicks metal wrist cuffs (although these are from the sequel, but fit nicer on this display I think).

PBRiddickCostume.jpg

The costume

PBShivCostume.jpg

PBBlindfoldCostume.jpg

The Shiv & Blindfold

PBBootsCostume.jpg

The Boots

PBCoRCostumes.jpg

..and just for fun the two of them together!

Last edited:
Re: 'Pitch Black' Vin Diesel's 'Riddick' Costume

The displays aren't finished yet, they're actually both quite muscular (as you can see the costumes fit) but they are very very tall even by mannequin standards so it throws out the look a bit! The height is one of the things that needs adjusting, aswell as adding stubble to the new ones head getting a poster and some knives up behind them and putting the breather on the right way! (oops!)

Good stuff, I like how you displayed it. That would look great in any prop room.

wow, you have both movies! nice collection. do you think you could shoot me those goggle measurements any time soon?

Thanks guys, I'm really pleased with how it's coming out. I've made a few changes already, but I'm not done yet, so will post some new pictures soon.
I've had quite a few PM's regarding bulking them up, but keep in mind though, it really is just a display for the costumes, I'm not trying to make statues of Vin Diesel, just something that looks the part for the costume to hang on. I had considered letting them go off to get some custom built mannequins constructed for them with a likeness etc, but I've never really been a fan of the statue being more impressive than the costume itself!

Order, I thought I had sent the pictures and measurement for you, I'll be home early tomorrow morning and I'll have a look in my outbox then, it could be sitting around in a drafts folder or something. I'll get it resent for you either way :thumbsup

Last edited:

Little update on how the display is progressing, it's not finished yet, but I've made a few changes. I've got John's baton from Pitch Black up on the wall there, but might exchange it for the other set of Pitch Black goggles and then put the snow covered UV6 goggles from CoR next to it.

Riddicks2.jpg

Riddicks1.jpg

Oh and Order, you should have email :thumbsup

Here's how it's looking at the moment, but it will be changing again soon, there's some new ones to join them and some of those are in the process of getting some nice new displays in the near future and I'm also trying to work out if I want to get the Lord Marshal, Vaako or any assorted Necomongers right next to them or if I should leave that wall with assorted mannequins as it is. I'm worried it would look too Riddick-Heavy in one place! :lol

Attachments

• Display1_zps2df2cefe.jpg
    Display1_zps2df2cefe.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 236
Amazing displays Nick! Personally I'd put Vaako and the Lord Marshal together with the Riddicks as it really seems to be a focus of your display.

Thanks guys!

Amazing displays Nick! Personally I'd put Vaako and the Lord Marshal together with the Riddicks as it really seems to be a focus of your display.

I'm certainly considering that Sam, but I've got other assorted Riddick displays including multiple other mannequins elsewhere in the house and when they're grouped together it gets a bit overwhelming! Though I really would like to get Vaako & Lord Marshal with Riddick, but I might split the two Riddicks up and keep Pitch Black Riddick with Johns' costume and a few other Pitch Black characters, although I do really like the PB Riddick right next to the CoR Riddick. Decisions decisions!

When can I move in?

If you'd like to stand stationary in some armour you can move in right away! :lol

Go with the COR Riddick next to the LM and Vaako, it would be a fantastic sight.

That is truly a stunning collection and its great to see the Riddick Pieces so well preserved in the hands of a true Riddick nut :).

Go with the COR Riddick next to the LM and Vaako, it would be a fantastic sight.

That is truly a stunning collection and its great to see the Riddick Pieces so well preserved in the hands of a true Riddick nut :).

i second that!! You have an amazing collection!! So jealous!!

Thank you for the compliments guys, that's very kind :D
I think I've pretty much decided to have a more focused Pitch Black mannequin display in one room and a Chronicles of Riddick display featuring the main character costumes in the room pictured above

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back