Pirates of the Caribbean Talking Skull - UPDATED V2

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JKKS

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That’s Downrightamazing. You should start a run with multiple variants. I feel there would be a lot of demand.

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
Just got this shot from the skull's new owner of how he framed it with a faux brick backing.
115943565_383125929322377_19257217150658135_n.jpg

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
There be squalls ahead!

I got a request for the version of the skull currently on the ride, and it's all starting to come together. Here's what the real one looks like these days, with Jack Sparrow bandana and beads:
POTCRideTalkingSkull2.jpg

I've got the skull and swords prepped. Working on the drapes and poles (masts? flag poles? curtain rods?) next.

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5644.JPG

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
Here there be pictures!

While I made the original version all from scratch, some of the components here are based on Jack Sparrow's costume accessories, so I decided to not reinvent the wheel and trust those who have already put a lot of time into figuring out those pieces. Credit to Indy Magnoli for the bandana. The beads were from Empire Worldwide and CapnJackSavvy on Ebay and Etsy.

As with the first version, the design ended up being more complicated than it looks. Getting those swords stacked on top of each other over the drapes is a tricky business! I have no idea how the drapes are arranged on the real one to look like that, so I settled for pretty close on mine. In studying pictures, I determined that the hammered metal finish on the swords is just a paint job over the original swords on the real prop, so I did the same, although I upgraded the sculpture of the blade a bit, based on better reference.

Modern Talking Pirate Skull-0062-Edit-2.jpg

Modern Talking Pirate Skull-0048-2.jpg

Modern Talking Pirate Skull-0051.jpg

Modern Talking Pirate Skull-0046.jpg