Pirates of the Caribbean -- Dead Man's Chest

PHArchivist

Master Member
As hoped, the Disney Gallery (above the POTC ride) is displaying some items from the film.

Regrettably, not too many. Anyone in Florida know if DisneyWorld has anything on display?

I did not have my camera with me, but will try to get shots later. Sorry for the tease.

If you are local, and want to wait to be surprised, do not scroll down.

They have on display:
--The "Bone Throne"
--Pintel's costume
--Ragetti's costume
--Tia Dalma's necklaces
--Jack's rings
--Davy Jone's treasure chest
--Chest key

According to press material, props from the first film, such as the treasure chest for the Aztec coins, have been used in the ride's revamped treasure room at Disneyland.

I went to Disneyworld about a month ago and Pirates was being refurbished. :(

I'm planning on going again in the next month. Ill see if I spot anything.

(BTW, I just picked up an MR replica of Davey Jones Key and Jack's compass ...Hoohoo.)

DS

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Jun 26 2006, 03:02 PM) [snapback]1268486[/snapback]</div>
Both rides had new animatronics added of Sparrow and Barbarosa.
Disneyland's opened today. The Disney World Magic Kingdom version opens July 7. Apparently no screenused props are in the MK version.

[/b]

I''m going to go today... If the line is not inordinately long (read that as less that a couple of hours.), I'll hit the ride. Still don't have my camera though. :angry

What you guys didn't watch the live webcast of the red carpet ( the worlds longest red carpet mind you) premiere on MSN? hehehe

I have personal ties to this. Jason Surrell, one of the Imagineers involved with this revamp of both of the pirates rides, and also the author of this book on the rides and movies...

Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies

... is a friend of mine. Well really I speak with his wife more than him because he travels so much for his work.. His wife and mine are best friends at their work. She wanted to make sure we caught the event online. Jason was one of the MC's of the event.

Ahhh the stories I have heard of goings-ons on-set at the filming...

next time I talk with him I'll see what I can get out of him picture-wise....

He also wrote this book dealing with the Haunted Mansion... it's been a VERY successful book...

The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies

Anything and everything you wanted to know about Disney is stuffed inside Jason's head... plus the fact that he's as he puts it a "Card Carrying Geek" who's really into Star Wars as well...

Oh and guess what next attraction is on slate to be revamped at Disney????......

<div class='quotetop'>(Aegis159 @ Jun 26 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]1268519[/snapback]</div>
He also wrote this book dealing with the Haunted Mansion... it's been a VERY successful book...

The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies

Anything and everything you wanted to know about Disney is stuffed inside Jason's head... plus the fact that he's as he puts it a "Card Carrying Geek" who's really into Star Wars as well...

Oh and guess what next attraction is on slate to be revamped at Disney????......
[/b]

If they put an Eddie Murphy into the ride, saying, "Honey, look, dey's dead people in de backyawd." I will kill Eisner/Iger personally. :lol

Definitely post some photos. :D

We were at Downtown Disney on Saturday night during the premier.

I'd like to say I bumped into some of the actors, but it didn't happen. :p

I was amazed at some of the "Pirates" related displays at the World of Disney store. They really went all out. Not to mention all the merchandise. I don't think I've seen this much pirate related stuff at Disneyland since the 70's.

Just rode the revamped Pirates at Disneyland today.. My 2.5 yo son loved it. The additions were tastefully done. there's a new waterfall thing you ride straight through, which looks AWESOME... And they added Captain Jack a few places, very nicely done. Fits right in. I didn't catch the Aztec gold but I did video the whole ride, so I'll look back to find it. Also some new lighting effects througout, and a new animatronic skull/crossbone talking thing right at the beginning. I'll format the video in smaller res when I get home and post it.

Funny you mentioned Haunted Mansion. We rode it at 11:30 last night, no one on it. Very nice time to ride it. I was thinking, and mentioned to my wife, I hope they don't revamp it with movie stuff. I do like the few things they revamped, like making the woman's talking head/crystal ball thing float around instead of static on a table. Nothing else should be done though, it's too classic. NO EDDIE MURPHY....

I'd love to see some different original gags be added to the Haunted Mansion here and there, and I'd love to see them put the Hatbox Ghost back in the attic with his gag improved. The movie wasn't as bad as it could have been, but NOTHING from the movie should be added to the attraction.

I don't mind them adding what they did to Pirates, I think if it works with the original ride, then fine. What REALLY gripes me is taking the Haunted Mansion out of action for 5 months of the year so they can sell NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS merchandise.

Oh, yeah-- one other thing that they've done that I'm sure is going to be put right again...

They took the Monte Cristo sandwich off the Lunch Menu at the Blue Bayou. Its only been on the menu for about 30 years... But, by way of 'consideration', the new restaurant that's going in where the French Market was will have it on the menu. Big Whoop. The Monte Cristo was the only reason I was going into the Blue Bayou. One without the other is NOT one of the reasons I go to D-Land.

Scott

We ate at the revamped French restaurant. Blue Bayou is booked solid for four weeks, since they opened up that 798-DINE number to the public and made it possible to book up to 60 days out in advance. Used to be you could only call the day of, and it was not a public number - only cast members and family. Oh well.

The new french restaurant is nice. We ate on the patio, had the Monte Cristo. They even had a Monte Cristo PB&J sandwich for our little guy. And chocolate milk. That was excellent. I mean, my little guy loved it. Ahem.

BEST thing about that little restaurant across the street was it was only a 30 second wait to be seated, at noon.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back