Pirates and samurai and Jedi, oh my!

JediSauja

I'm kinda getting back into costuming. I used to be active on the Rebel Legion forums back in the day.

This post is kind of an introduction and a ... I don't want to say brag post, but since I plan to ask tons of questions, I guess I just want to demonstrate that I'm legit.

So here are some of my older and more recent projects.

Jedi Sauja Dupen circa 2003:

sauja-far.jpg

Pirate Pierre Grébire (gray beard):

piratehallway.jpg

Samurai No name yet, work in progress:
samuraistairs.jpg

My claim to fame from back in the day, is that I devised a popular method for making a Jedi Obi that ties without velcro:
obi.gif

So there you have it.

So, after a random question about my old Jedi costume from a friend, I got to thinking about it. There were a couple of things about it that had always bothered me.
The sleeves of the under tunic we're always too tight, I could hardly get my hands through.
And the pants never stayed up.
With May the fourth coming up I decided to revisit it.
When I made this some 20 years ago, I didn't have a serger, so all the seams are French seams. I realized if I redid the seams with the serger I could buy some room in the sleeves.
I've really liked the comfort of the Hakama pants and how they tie, so I got rid of the draw string, cut some slits along the sides and added two belts.
Both changes were exactly what it needed.
Now I just need to replace the boots I lost. Maybe some gaiters.

IMG_20200502_193213.jpgIMG_20200502_193952.jpgIMG_20200502_192853.jpgIMG_20200502_192553.jpg

Still fits!

Hi! I'm almost positive I've used that obi pattern (or a velcro-less variation thereof) when I was in college a few years ago. Indebted to you!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back