Pip Boy closure clamps?


Sr Member
Hey all, trying to get this pip boy into a more wearable form, and I want to actually add on some of the real world clips/clamps that this terrible plastic clip is supposed to replicate. Does anyone know the actual name of this sort of clip? It's almost like a larger version of what what goes on some metal banded wrist watches.

Anyone know what I should search for, or even better know where some of them are available?




Sr Member
I never found a good name for the clamp style. You won't find a similar one off the shelf. I had to do my own design from scratch.
The closest I have seen are over-draw clamps used for road cases.

My CAD file are locate here: Pip-Boy Unfinished Version - Google Drive
Project log here: The clamp requires a few metal pins to work well. My clamp design is specifically designed for my Pip-boy, so don't expect it to go onto another one without modification.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.