Pip-Boy 2000 MK VI Kit Build (Need Help!)

DFC Props

Hello all.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm finally getting around to finishing up my Pip-Boy kit that I purchased last year, but I need some help.
I intend to install a real screen with an animated video to simulate a functional screen (not a phone), lights for the vacuum tubes, and a small speaker for the radio. I don't intend to use any of the modules that The Wand Company has released.

This is where I need your help and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Where could I find a small, programmable speaker board to use for the radio? I would like to load custom sounds and if at all possible, be able to toggle through multiple songs.

Thank you for your help!

IMG_7541.JPG

When I did my Pip Boy, I followed along with what Bill did in his video. Worked great since it used Bluetooth to connect to my phone so I could play any music I wanted without having to load anything. Ere is the link to his video that I followed. He also posts what extra parts he used.

When I did my Pip Boy, I followed along with what Bill did in his video. Worked great since it used Bluetooth to connect to my phone so I could play any music I wanted without having to load anything. Ere is the link to his video that I followed. He also posts what extra parts he used.

Thank you so much. I have checked out his video and a Bluetooth speaker is great. I was looking for something where you could actually toggle songs with the radio dial button instead of connecting the speaker to your phone and changing songs from there. But the BT speaker is probably the easier and cheaper method. Thanks for the reply.

What Punished props did is great if you don't want the Wand company modules. It is the cheapest method. After that your looking at stuff from Adafuit or Sparkfun that can play MP3s when a button is pressed, but these aren't made to emulate a radio.

Hmm, BT does seem like the best method. Even if it doesn't quite emulate a radio, it would be nice to not have to connect the BT speaker to your phone each time you want to use it. I might look into Adafruit/Sparkfun.

What Punished props did is great if you don't want the Wand company modules. It is the cheapest method. After that your looking at stuff from Adafuit or Sparkfun that can play MP3s when a button is pressed, but these aren't made to emulate a radio.
Unless of course you make your MP3 files sound like a radio broadcast!

Your Geek Fix contacted me to use clips from my videos. He has been working very hard on his mod. What you see there where the phone breaks three times, and you have lots of little things to take apart is one of the reasons why I didn't go that route. I have done that in the past on many projects and they almost always die a short time after the project is done.

What they did however is awesome. I am looking at using the screen, it is cheap and in theory is a DSI MIPI display. The problem is I can't get anyone to give me a datasheet for it.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back