Pineapple Accent Lamp

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lookin4Pineaple

So this is a weird request...when I was a kid my mom was very hard of hearing and didn't have hearing aids, so we bought a flasher device that could make a lamp flash when the phone rang. We plugged a cool little pineapple lamp into it and everyone thought it was the most funny thing that we had a pineapple that flashed when the phone rang. While my mom has hearing aids now, the little pineapple lamp was still much beloved. Unfortunately, when furniture was being rearranged the lamp fell over and shattered into tiny pieces.
It was made by Meyda Lighting, item #12398, but is out of production now. I found it listed on a couple of websites, one said it was sold out and the others seem to be abandoned and don't respond to emails. These are the sites I've tried to no avail: lightingtheweb.com, lightingpavilion.com, lightingzilla.com, dreamhomefurnishings.com
My friend said the people on this forum are really good at tracking things down. If anyone could help track this down, I would be much appreciative.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Meyda Pineapple.JPG
    Meyda Pineapple.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 13

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So this is a weird request...when I was a kid my mom was very hard of hearing and didn't have hearing aids, so we bought a flasher device that could make a lamp flash when the phone rang. We plugged a cool little pineapple lamp into it and everyone thought it was the most funny thing that we had a pineapple that flashed when the phone rang. While my mom has hearing aids now, the little pineapple lamp was still much beloved. Unfortunately, when furniture was being rearranged the lamp fell over and shattered into tiny pieces.
It was made by Meyda Lighting, item #12398, but is out of production now. I found it listed on a couple of websites, one said it was sold out and the others seem to be abandoned and don't respond to emails. These are the sites I've tried to no avail: lightingtheweb.com, lightingpavilion.com, lightingzilla.com, dreamhomefurnishings.com
My friend said the people on this forum are really good at tracking things down. If anyone could help track this down, I would be much appreciative.
Thanks in advance!
Is this it? I typed in vintage pineapple light and the photo was the first one to pop up in images. I clicked it and it took me to this site.

If it is the right one, it looks like it is in stock for $45 with free shipping.

Lookin4Pineaple

That is it...but sadly I've sent this company two emails to confirm they actually have the item and they don't respond. There are apparently a lot of shop sites out there that are semi-abandoned or they just post a bunch of merchandise in hopes that they can source it after they receive orders. :-/

Thank you for looking though. Definitely appreciated.

Is this it? I typed in vintage pineapple light and the photo was the first one to pop up in images. I clicked it and it took me to this site.

If it is the right one, it looks like it is in stock for $45 with free shipping.

Lookin4Pineaple

So I found one on Facebook Marketplace that had the right glass that just happened to be near my out-of-state friend's work and he picked it up and will mail it to me. Then found another on mercari.com (a site I wasn't previously aware of) that had the right base and top. So I think we'll be able to switch the glass and be good, and also now have two pineapple lamps. If I had known about mercari 5 months ago, someone was selling the exact right lamp, but it already sold.

Zombie Killer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anything over 25 years is considered vintage. In cars it used to be 25 years to make it an antique. Not sure that applies anymore.

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
By the way, are things from the late 1990s that were sold at Lowe's now considered to be vintage? :D
I see a lot of online retailers and sellers using "vintage" when selling stuff from the 80's and 90's, so I always include that in my searches for those years. It seems to work for me in finding stuff sooner, as it eliminates stuff from the 2000's and later popping up in the search results.