PIH Selling Another "Original" Luke ANH Hilt

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by H0llyw00d, Dec 3, 2018.

1. H0llyw00d

H0llyw00d Sr Member

Blockbuster Hollywood Treasures

Looks like they're cranking these out about every six months or so. I wonder if another Ripleys museum will choose to believe this one is authentic as well...

2. PropReplicator2

PropReplicator2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

PropReplicator2 likes this.
  4. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

5. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

6. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

Its like back in the day with the Mark English Phasers and Communicators that everyone thought were real, they even fooled a few experts. Some of them are still being auctioned as real even though 99.99% of the people know they are not and for the most part the auction houses perpetuate the fraud but not doing their do diligence.

7. corliss1

corliss1 Active Member

I also thought all the original props were returned since there wasn't necessarily an original plan for more movies. From what I've seen before there is no "original" luke/obi-wan saber because they got returned to the prop company.

8. TheUnchosenOne

TheUnchosenOne Active Member

And even for ESB and RotJ, they didn't exactly keep track of the props very well. Vader's ESB saber eventually turned up in a RotJ exhibit (probably because the same prop was used as the hero for both, but to my knowledge that hasn't been actually confirmed); Luke's ESB only exists as the Ranch Saber, which was never on screen as it exists now; the V3 was "restored" to make it look like the Hero for display; and the V2 was thought lost until what, 2015?

Basically, the only lightsabers we know were screen-used in more or less the shape they exist in today are Vader's ESB/RotJ hero, the DV6, V2, and V3. And even the V3 doesn't look like it did on-screen.

While I believe it's totally possible Roger Christian kept an original ANH saber in his private collection for the last 40 years, I'm extremely skeptical he actually did, given his comments over the years. I guess he could have also misplaced it somewhere and only recently found it, but i just seems more likely that he built a replica and is just better at it than Kurtz was.

cyclocrosschris likes this.
  9. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

lol.. Hamills avatar looks like Luke smoking a joint.....OK childish comments off !! Im suprised we dont see Macrobinoculars show up for sale.....

11. CWOODREPLICAS

CWOODREPLICAS Member

Now you mention it, I actually have a set of Lukeskywalker's original macrobinoculars. Ive had them in storage this whole time and only now decided that they're the original ones. Very legitimate.

ish...

canister, nailuj and TheUnchosenOne like this.
  12. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

Will you take $10k for it? I can send a paypal ASAP…..as a gift to save you fees..... your on the internet so you must be legit.
    Milifatty.jpg

canister likes this.
  13. CWOODREPLICAS

CWOODREPLICAS Member

To add my two pence on all this - In many ways its just a scam, some poor person will buy it but its as real as mine sitting on my desk next to me. Just because it came from the same box doesn't make it the article. Heck - they were all made in the same factory, does that mean all our sabers are the actual prop? No. Only what was seen IN THE FILM, captured BY THE CAMERA is legitimate.

14. Title

Title Active Member

sIxUiya.png

Roger responded lol

H0llyw00d likes this.
  15. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

Whats a grafter?

16. H0llyw00d

H0llyw00d Sr Member

Hamill/Christian Twitter feud... epic... :)

17. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

13doctorwho likes this.
  18. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

19. CatfoodRob

CatfoodRob Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure superglue was readily available in 1976 .
    A two part epoxy called " araldite" was the new big thing back then in the uk . That's what most of the blaster greeblies were held on with .. and why most of them fell off during filming lol.

thd9791 likes this.
  20. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

Superglue was made during WW2

Apollo likes this.