Pictures of Bane from TDKR

Re: Picture's of Bane from TDKR

I just hope he blows us away with his performance, because that will be the only thing that can distract from how doofy that face mask looks.

Yup, Bane's supposed to be a genius.

And though I think the mask looks a little goofy, it's about 1,000,000 % less stupid than the Strongbad mask he wears in the comics. And the rest of his costume looks great. If they'd stuck him in that wrestling singlet, the suckage would have been legendary.

I do hope they use camera tricks to make him look bigger though. He needs to be taller and bulkier than Batman. With luck, we'll see a lot of perspective tricks to pull that off.

The more pics I see the more ludicrous it looks. I don't know if even brilliant writing can overcome that silly looking mask. Maybe if you only saw it in shadows.
But they are out in the daytime, hell even seeing Bats out in the daytime is not right.
Maybe all this will be in the dark with movie magic though.

The more pics I see the more ludicrous it looks. I don't know if even brilliant writing can overcome that silly looking mask. Maybe if you only saw it in shadows.
But they are out in the daytime, hell even seeing Bats out in the daytime is not right.
Maybe all this will be in the dark with movie magic though.

I'm willing to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt. When I first heard about Heath Ledger being the Joker, I thought TDK was going to be horrible. Pics from the filming didn't help alleviate that feeling. Then I saw the movie and was completely blown away by his performance. When I first saw pics of Bane in this movie, I started to get that same feeling of the movie sucking, but if anyone can pull Bane off and make it good, it's Nolan.

Still photos often don't quite do it. The physicality of an actor's performance, lighting, voice effects, etc., etc. could all come into play to make what'd otherwise look ridiculous suddenly become cool.

Ask yourself if some guy in a sort of triangular black skull helmet who wheezed when he talked would ever be considered cool, just in and of itself. And yet, no one would deny that Darth Vader is a badass.

Still photos often don't quite do it. The physicality of an actor's performance, lighting, voice effects, etc., etc. could all come into play to make what'd otherwise look ridiculous suddenly become cool.

Ask yourself if some guy in a sort of triangular black skull helmet who wheezed when he talked would ever be considered cool, just in and of itself. And yet, no one would deny that Darth Vader is a badass.

You have a valid point. TIE pilots look ludicrous with their giant heads and tiny little feet. Aliens (xenos) just standing around the set are gawky as crap. Maybe when Bane is in action and not just on coffee break or whatever it'll all come together.

The first time I saw the new Batmobile I thought it looked incredibly bad but it worked in the film and now I love it. I think that mask looks rediculous but Christoper Nolan has not made a bad film yet and he has all my faith that he will pull off the Bain character just fineto where thg mask is not an issue at all.

Yeah. I'm not too worried. I wanted to vomit when I saw pictures of Ledger's Joker. But I loved the movie. While I don't agree with Nolan's asthetics... I think the batsuit is terrible, hate the tumbler (it doesn't even get the honor of being called "Batmobile"), and still never found Ledger's make-up to be all that terrific. However, when it all comes together the movies have still been pretty flippin' good.

...minus Bale's voice :p

Haters gonna hate. This forum is so full of superior screenwriters,
playwrights and directors I wonder why everybody is always broke.

Well, there is ONE guy here that has a right to his critiques....

We ALL have a right to critique. Many here know what it takes to get a script to the table and what it takes to get it completed. Bland and predictable movies are just bland and predictable movies. What gets me is the ability to make something worth while yet it ends up pumped out sludge on an assembly line. Ive said it before, industries fall into $$$ signs with a blind eye to those spending the $$$ until it implodes on them. The automotive industry and music industry are great examples. The movie industry already has one foot in and the other in the air.

We ALL have a right to critique. Many here know what it takes to get a script to the table and what it takes to get it completed. Bland and predictable movies are just bland and predictable movies. What gets me is the ability to make something worth while yet it ends up pumped out sludge on an assembly line. Ive said it before, industries fall into $$$ signs with a blind eye to those spending the $$$ until it implodes on them. The automotive industry and music industry are great examples. The movie industry already has one foot in and the other in the air.

Alternatively, one need not be a chef to know that one does not like the taste of one's food.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back