Pict Pred Concept

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kelz

I had a two hour break between classes at uni today so rather than snoozing under my favourite tree like usual I did some sketching resulting in Pict:
Pictpred.jpg.gif

(Sorry about the general crappiness, I haven't put pencil to paper in quite a while)

Alrighty a little bit of back story
Why, for my grandmother, she was Scottish and Predator was her favourite movie along with Blade and Die Hard (she licked the gory-ness :) ) and I've been thinking what a real Celtic pred would look like beause I'm working on a Celtic suit at the moment.
Blue as the name says he’s a pict (ancient Scottish tribes) and picts used to paint themselves blue (as far as I know anyway) and I kind of like the contrast.
The tartan is meant to be my family tartan (Wallace clan) but its a really bad represenation.
Leather armour and thinking of making the bio leather as well but I'm not sure yet.
I'm working on a celtic knot alien design to go where the black squiggles are on the rmour and gauntlets

So let me know what you think, especially when it comes to the shoes I can't decide which I like more the sandals or the rabbit skins.

Oh and I am planning on making this into a suit sooner or later.

~Kelz

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TuaCathach

dude i like it but hate to burst your bubble... Picts didn't wear kilts.... i like the concept tho not a million liles away from my own custom... if your going down that road and you are looking for advice i'll be more than happy to help out.....

i like the kilt on him but it would need to be longer to go with the piece you have going over his shoulder.. the kilt was only made short later in years by the english.. as the scots that wore the long kilts or big kilts were having accidents in machinary etc.. it was at this stage they came fashionable to wear short etc...... man i could talk all day about them

but again like the concept hope it comes to life soon..

Kelz

Wow I may have to probe your brain later for more info.
However my bubble is still relatively in tact, I know that the picts didn't wear kilts, I just mish mashed the cultures taking the bits I like and making it more recognisable.
As for the short kilt...well I figured I would renew my artistic licence, I just thought it looked better than the longer one I originally drew.
Although now you've got me thinking I should make him more historically correct...hmm

Thanks for the input :)

TuaCathach

its your pred kelz so run with whatever idea you feel suits.. the shorter kilt would look ok if done correct thats just my opinion on it.. but yea if you need any advice please feel free... i have a massive amount of experience in this area... add me on msn and i can run through some bits with you...