Pics of the Female Predator "Machiko" figure....

hunters prey

First of all, these aren't my pics. I just found hte link and thought I'd share them with the Lair:
http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110308b.htm

and just to whet your appetite if you're too busy to click the link:
review_shepred_large.jpg

I have been seeing this for sale around, especially on eBay. I just have too many complaints about this item. I think if they are going to call it Machiko Noguchi, why does she look like Angelina Jolie?

Machiko is Japanese. This female figures face, eyes and eyebrows are nothing even close to reminiscent of Japan. Her skin tone is wrong too. And if they even bothered to read PREY where Machiko was first introduced, they would have known that Dachande had put her blooding mark on her forhead where it belongs, not the Lex Woods ala cheek insignia.

I am just picky about things like that. Other than that, it is a nice piece, and I might look to add her to my collection, which is severely lacking on femme Preds (of either species), but I cannot call her Machiko because she is just not accurate enough.

^Agreed. Although anything with a familiar /name/ will get lookers. Some arn't willing to be brave enough to label this as an original creation inspired by the movies and comics.

I have to agree with the "ladies" on this one.
Calling her Machiko isn't right.
I am a big fan of the AVP and AVP:WAR series and this should have been Machiko.
Call her somthing else (too late now)
Hell they could have nade her "Lex" that would have been better.
Now the only way we would get a True "Machiko" fiqure is if it is called "AVP:prey"
One can hope????

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back