Photos of my MPP MOD Issue Microflash

dunk

Hello from dunk in Cambridgeshire UK, I'm a new member and this is my second post ... Thought you might enjoy viewing some pix of my original MPP Microflash SN 279 ... it's a UK MOD (Ministry of Defence) Air Ministry issue used by the Royal Air Force. I'm a Leica camera collector / enthusiast ... all pics taken with a simple Leica X Vario APS-C compact zoom camera ... the close-up photos utilised a supplementary achromatic Leitz Elpro close-up lens ... Subject illumination via a translucent Lastolite CUBELITE 60cm x 60cm x 60cm utilising daylight window light and a couple of reflectors ... No immediate plans to convert the Microflash to a Light Saber but I'm looking for an EXACTRA 19 /20 calculator which might tempt me to follow through ... If I do decide to 'convert' it will have to be a reversible conversion ... MPP Microflash guns are too scarce nowadays. It's not for sale ... I also have two MPP 5x4 cameras owned for many years. In the mid-1980s I bought a copy of UK published 'Professional Photography' magazine featuring servicing / repair of MPP cameras and accessories. The proprietor of MPP was at that time working from home in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey using his garage as a repair workshop. At that time actual manufacture of new MPP cameras had ceased after c.30 years production ... but there was still a demand for spare parts and servicing ... parts were machined in the garage and also recycled from older cameras. I am trying to find a copy of the magazine ... it will likely surface one day but I have no idea which issue it was. The article might mention MPP Microflash units. Hope you enjoy the pix :) ... Best wishes from dunk in Cambs. UK
1 MPP-MICROFLASH_4501-whole-rslf.jpg
2 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4684.jpg
3 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4686.jpg
3.1  Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4688.jpg
4 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4689.jpg
5 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4693.jpg
6 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4695.jpg
7 Rev-Rev-MPP-pix_4696.jpg
8 Revised-MPP-pix_4669.jpg
10 MPP-MICROFLASH_clamp-parts-wedge-shaped-4522.jpg
11 MPP-ADDITIONALS_4661.jpg
Revised-MPP-pix_4671.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.