Photos: 4 more paintups of Biohunter76 biohelmets.

JehdinThwei

I was happy to acquire 4 more biohelmets from Biohunter76 (Casey). I just love these works of art and it was just plain fun to paint them. Casey is a class act and his work is awesome!!
Special thanks to PredatrHuntr (Jason) for his Huntorial on painting found here http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=5677
Also, a huge thanks to Monster Studio for her help with sponge selection and dry brushing instruction. You ROCK!!

With primer only

53417870.jpg

..and then a few pics of each.

Wolf

88990638.jpg

56387191.jpg

45896415.jpg

48008727.jpg

Narin

99055782.jpg

78018663.jpg

76449821.jpg

75880387.jpg

Ancient

77573491.jpg

29622473.jpg

24265883.jpg

21179727.jpg

P1

94522991.jpg

99804887.jpg

97668612.jpg

53898173.jpg

...and for giggles here is another Narin that I finished a few weeks ago.

Narin

14417788.jpg

81104781.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Nice work Bill. It's nice to see a different take on the Ancient and Narin. Man you got those done pretty fast.

Thanks man! Yeah, my Memorial Day weekend was consumed as was Tuesday and Wednesday. My apartment looked like... well, like I was painting 4 biohelmets. What a mess I had to clean up :) What a privilege to work on these pieces. Thanks again, bro.

Thanks for the info. May start using this. Get away from the old gray stuff. lol

Any time, man. It worked really well. No issues at all. :)

Nice Paint up!!! just wonder where did you got your bios lenses from?

I bought them from Biohunter76 as well. I actually got fed up with trying to glue these or other material (having to hold it in place, smearing onto the lens, etc) and decided to try my good old friend 3M double sided tape. A good pair of sharp tweezers will be your friend in removing the back layer of the tape :D It works phenomenally.

38669753.jpg

42556267.jpg

17551039.jpg

...and it is clear once you remove the red backing, which is nice.

Awesome work mang! Glad those tutorials came in handy for you!

Thanks Jason!! And the tut helped a lot. Of course, there were times one would just look polka dotted and I would completely cover it over again The beauty of paint is that you can go right over it again if you flub it up :lol:

Great lids :)

Thanks brother. Biohunter's shiz is killer!!

I love the P1 paint up
I just got one of Casey's as well and I am about to start my paint.
And yes Casey is great to work with, great guy and very helpful.

I also picked up a set of his Beads also. They look awesome.

I may have to use your pics as a reference ,if you don't mind.

I love the P1 paint up
I just got one of Casey's as well and I am about to start my paint.
And yes Casey is great to work with, great guy and very helpful.

I also picked up a set of his Beads also. They look awesome.

I may have to use your pics as a reference ,if you don't mind.

Thanks Hyper. I can't wait to see pics when you're finished. :)

They look great, pictures and the subjects both! Good lighting. Good color. Good effects. My only thought is you may want to consider getting them to look even more old and distressed. That can be done by making them a bit dirty using raw umber and burnt umber and dry brushing that into the indented areas. Just a thought. The colors are currently terrific but they look freshly "painted." The raw umber overall tones that aspect down and makes them look like they really have either been dug up or have been around a while which provides even more character.

Rock on, Bill! :)

Thanks for the tip. :) And thanks again for your help!!!

You can easily achieve more weathering just by simply using a black wash on the paint you have. It you put too much on, then add a few more layers of the silver/copper to cover it :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back