Phoenix Desert Predator Head Sculpt *new Pics*

ThePriest

This is my second attempt at my second suit. I got about 9 hours on this baby, im taking my time on it. I found some flaws in making my first one so this one I will attempt to correct the errors and make this an all over easier process. The Phoenix will be a desert predator hunter. I got the idea from a hell breed sculpture so he'll be mostly tan and brown with spikes when im done (this predator will be without blast cannon and energy weapons he will be on foot and armed to the hilt with blades and battle axes which I have started to make).
IM004202.JPG

IM004203.JPG

IM004210.JPG

This is just the beginning of the head any comments are welcome and please give any advice if you think it will help in the process.
IM004211.JPG

IM004212.JPG

IM004213.JPG

IM004222.JPG

Predator pics.jpg

P281211_15.46.jpg

I've decided to put another set of teeth on the upper part of his mouth to give him another set of incisors. Once its painted I think it will look AWESOME! I plan on putting fantails on him but im not sure how it will look any suggestions? When I get that done and finish the axe ill upload more pics it will be rust and copper colors due to the desert condition. Thanks for looking please comment.

UPDATE 12-14-11
Here is the detail in the head that I have put some more hours on. Let me know what you guys think I REALLY NEED SOME MORE FEEDBACK ON THIS ONE!!!

P281211_15.45.jpg

Ok I got the Brother Boar Helmet in yesterday from Bio Hunter and amazingly enough my mask fits it almost perfectly with very little resculpting. What are the chances... Here is an update on the head sculpt as well as a picture with the helmet on the sculpt. I plan on painting it and casting the head in a few days I will keep you updated on that.
P281211_15.45_01.jpg

IMG_20120104_111055.jpg

IMG_20120104_110918.jpg

Heres my brother boar mask painted with my battle axe I put some glifs on the handle but you get the
idea.
new pred 1212.jpg

new pred 12.jpg

The head is done ill cast next week I will load the pic of the back of the head on tomorrow everyone always forgets the back and thats an important pic to see as well as the front. I bought the materials for the staff/spear it will have a resemblance to the axe in color and style as well.

new pred 121.jpg

Well I thought I was almost done but after I looked at the Jailers artwork I decided I had a long way to go and rescuplted the whole front of the face... In Honor of the Jailer I decided to sculpt a predator out of a few of his designs George this one is for you, We plan on making the cast next week hope your around to see it. Everyone let me know what you think. I hope this does your artwork justice. I will upload pics of making the cast and pulling the mold when im ready hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Vorseth we just painted the axe today and im going to upload some more pics that show the new detail in The Phoenix

Yeah it does look like that from the front but i carved out directly where the manniquins eyes are , but i think i need to work on the outside of the eyes to give it a better look. so he doesn't look beaty eyed!

my two cents,

its the lower jaw area that is too big. that makes the rest of the face seem small. when you look at the head straight on the lower jaw area is very wide. preds heads are kind of an upside down triangle. the mandibles make up for how narrow the inside mouth is.

i would slim down the lower cheeks/jawline on the sides.

take it for what it's worth.

yeah i see now what you are saying. So should i make the mandibles larger? i encreased the size of the eyes also so it would not look small in the center of the face. someone let me know how to fix this sizing problem !! mostly what to increase or make smaller.

Well guys ive taken in some consideration and altered the face and shortened the head to give it a more rugged look. If im on the right track let me know what you think. I threw in the axe photo because ive finished airbrushing it.

New pictures 12-22- 2011 129.jpg

New pictures 12-22- 2011 128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Priest,
I think that you are doing a fantastic job. I am open to difference, making changes from the norm. After all, look at human faces (uck!!), there are so many differences, which is the same view I take on the predator. I would be proud to wear that mask any day/night, it does not matter if it is the 'ween or not. I'm kinda strange that way;-)
George

thanks george i can't wait to get it in some latex and start painting i am working on the feet right nowi am molding the armor and feet together and yes of course i am using some of your ideas i want to create something different than what someone could buy . Not that i am against it, I just love love to create stuff out of my own demented mind like using axes and swords and knifes i think it will look totaly bad ass when it is done. i will try to post pics of the rest of the project this week end keep the comments coming your art is totaly inspiring !!!!!!

well here is the first pull of the desert predator i promised it and now i deliver to you this bad ass looking piece i hope to get alot of comments before and after i paint this beast

IM004284.JPG

IM004285.JPG

been a while since i have been on this thread. looks like you got the shape all figured out. it def looks better. looks like you also did a great job with the mold. looks like a clean cast. let's see how many more times i can say "looks like."

cheers man.

Well boys and girls it's been a long time coming but here he is the desert predator in full paint i will send you the pics of the suit when i am a little closer to paint the other head was the python predator they will look bad ass when they are both complete and together !

IM0043991.JPG

IM0044001.JPG

IM0043831.JPG

IM0044011.JPG

IM0044021.JPG

IM0044031.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back