Phoenix Comicon 2013 (updated with pics!).

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Quake II

Updated: Phoenix ComicCon was a blast and people poured in by the thousands but I was only there on saturday. I would love to see pics from the convention floor thursday-sunday! Post your pics here.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gee2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Phoenix Comicon 2013 Judges (Dredd) Group

I'll be there (already have tickets and the room, so I might be able to do this, I'm trying to get the pieces together now but will know more by the end of the month.

Quake II

I'll be there (already have tickets and the room, so I might be able to do this, I'm trying to get the pieces together now but will know more by the end of the month.
Yeah, that's what I'm in the process of doing now. I have about 50% of the suit completed (helmet, badge, Lawgiver, jacket, mag pouches and belt buckle). Still need armor, holster, pants, knee and shoulder pads.
:unsure

Monster Dave

Sr Member

Just a bump for the Phx Con. It's about 2 months away! I'll be there, just not in costume! I haven't decided for sure, but think I'll go on Sunday like I did last year - less crowded and easier to talk to and meet with the stars who will be there! :)

Quake II

Just a bump for the Phx Con. It's about 2 months away! I'll be there, just not in costume! I haven't decided for sure, but think I'll go on Sunday like I did last year - less crowded and easier to talk to and meet with the stars who will be there! :)
I won't be in costume after all. I came to my senses and decided that wearing leathers and armor in Phoenix during May is beyond insane. The convention hall is nice and cool but there's a lot of outdoor walking to restaurants as well. I'll be in shorts and a t-shirt and much happier. Did you see that 4 Walking Dead cast members are booked as well as the entire cast of Babylon 5?

Bryancd

Master Member

I would love to go in my Logan's Run Sandman costume, would they allow me to bring in my working flame gun?

Bryancd

Master Member

Possibly will run afoul of this:
Prohibited Weapons
"Incendiary devices are not permitted. All devices which spark, shoot flame, burn, smolder, can otherwise cause combustion, or which exist for no purpose other than to be lit with a combustion device, are considered incendiary devices."

Quake II

Possibly will run afoul of this:
Prohibited Weapons
"Incendiary devices are not permitted. All devices which spark, shoot flame, burn, smolder, can otherwise cause combustion, or which exist for no purpose other than to be lit with a combustion device, are considered incendiary devices."
Sounds awesome. Maybe if you keep it holstered and empty of any combustable fluids?

Bryancd

Master Member
Re: Phoenix Comicon 2013

Got my tickets for Saturday and the photo op with Nichelle and Walter. I met Walter back around 1982, so looking forward to seeing him again!

Quake II

Got my tickets for Saturday and the photo op with Nichelle and Walter. I met Walter back around 1982, so looking forward to seeing him again!
Very cool. I may cough up the money for Bruce aka TRON Boxleitner. He was there a couple years ago and I didn't feel like spending the cash on autographs then. Now maybe a couple.

Fosse

I'll be there. I'm finishing up my boyfriend's Dredd 3D costume, and I'll be there in my HEV suit (which still needs to be finished. argh).

Quake II

Here's a handful of Phoenix ComicCon pics I took this weekend. If anyone else has some pics to share, by all means post them! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Quake II

Cool! Thanks guys (and gal). Good stuff! Every year it just gets bigger and bigger. It seems like the convention is outgrowing the floor space, which is hard to believe since the main hall is so massive.

Last edited:

Gee2

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Did anyone go to the Zombie Walk or Geek Prom?
Some of our folks did the walk, said it was really bad compared to years past. We all supported the Geek Prom; we auctioned off the Tardis replica w/ J. Barrowman's autograph. Lot of fun, but the bar was overcharging and ripped a few folks off for a couple bucks.