Phaser Holsters ?

SPDOmegaRanger

ive got a few phasers that require holsters ive tried to look but some seem way over priced anyone know where i can get them ?

anything is much appreciated

They are not hard to make yourself. I knew one guy who used to make quick custom made holsters at conventions and made a tidy sum. A long time ago I made a holster for a ST III phaser I had using his technique and it cost about $1.50 in materials since it was made in vinyl.

Also guess it depends on which phaser you are talking about as well. As I recall the STII phaser was put backwards into a pocket on the field coat.

Holsters for TNG and later-series props (phasers and tricorders) are usually made from vacuformed Kydex with a slight texture (similar to the plastic that TOS Communciator shells were made from), a front shell with a flat back panel. The flat back panel is attached to the costume with Alice clips.

ent-pp-holster.jpg

YE_Picard_Phaser.jpg

phaser_holsters.jpg

TNGholsters-tric.jpg

In Trek 5, the Assault Phasers were not holstered, they were attached to the belts with black plastic "handcuff" strips.

st5-mccoyspockprops.jpg

In Trek 6 the props were just carried in hand, so again no holsters.

Since we're on the topic, back in the TOS days they used Velcro... strips of it on the side of the P1 (and in the case of "stunt" props, on the handle as well), attached to big panels of Velcro attached to the right hip or thigh.

OG-phaserpadonpants.jpg

Prior to that they experimented with black leather waist belts, and before that asymmetrically cut brown suede belts.

SL-spockblackphaserbelt.jpg

EW-brownphaserbelt.jpg

- k

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back