Peter Parker backpack from the Amazing Spider-man movie 2012 (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by carl9149, Apr 9, 2012.

1. carl9149

carl9149 Well-Known Member

So I have decided to create a replica backpack from the 2012 movie The Amazing Spider-man. I'm sure that most of you have seen these showing up through press release teasers, and since I stumbled across all the parts I needed through ebay search, I decided to give this one a go. And create this thread for those of you who are also going to replicate the bag. The first picture is of what is been showing up through the press releases :

[​IMG]
    the next picture is what I bought from ebay:
    [​IMG]
    and the straps I decided on, also through ebay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after alittle bit of sewing and moving came this:

[​IMG]

I would not state that it's a screen accurate, as I have yet to view the completed film, but based on what I have seen to date, looks pretty good, and I'm happy enough with it, so I hope you all like my little contribution :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to look, and feel free to comment!

2. terryr

terryr Sr Member

I wonder what the straps are for?

3. Web_Slinger

Web_Slinger Active Member

the straps are for holding a skateboard.

4. BobbyS95

BobbyS95 Well-Known Member

You're kidding me right? Peter Parker skateboarding? I thought that he was supposed socially awkward

5. TaylorMcManus

TaylorMcManus Well-Known Member

I'm socially awkward and I skateboard lol.

6. Web_Slinger

Web_Slinger Active Member

so your saying you can't use a skate board for transport unless your a cocky kick flipping show off? :lol

7. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

thats really cool shame i dont skate board its like watching a 3 legged elephant on a tight rope

8. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Skateboard moves are kinda like Spidey moves. He's used to being agile.

Rather than someone who gets superpowers and can suddenly fight expertly and move like a gymnast.

9. Johnny323

Johnny323 New Member

@carl9149 what kind of straps did you use/are they, or what did you type when you were looking for the straps? All I get when I search for straps are camera and guitar straps

10. oracle1982

oracle1982 Active Member

Johnny323 if you search for nylon Straps you should find something in eBay air amazon local to you! :)

11. Chucko

Chucko Member

Also try looking under webbing

12. carl9149

13. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

14. carl9149

ye thats the bag I have

15. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

cool i shall be ordering soon :D

16. protonpack

protonpack New Member

If anyone wants to know what's in the backpack, I found some really great links just searching around YouTube and Google. I found an unpacking video from Marvel, some really great pictures, the chemistry book in his backpack, and even a website set up for his photography (some of which is used in the back pack).

Unpacking video
    Unpacking Peter Parker's Amazing Backpack - Mark of the Spider-Man - YouTube

Picture of contents
    Mark of the Spider-Man

Chemistry book
    Amazon.com: Chemistry in the Community: (ChemCom) (9780716789192): American Chemical Society (ACS): Books

Photography
    Parker's POV

17. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

i love how the asics which are on his costume are in the bag no doubting
    that its them now. cool find dude i may recreate all this

18. Pacifisticmatt

Pacifisticmatt New Member

Better view of the left join[​IMG], looks like they both connect on to the same piece

19. Nanak

Nanak Member

This is a Great idea man, might try this.

20. Scottryan15

Scottryan15 Well-Known Member

I bought the same jansport backack but I don't think I'll be putting the straps on it

21. SupernaturalFan

SupernaturalFan Well-Known Member

Has anyone ID the diamond shaped patch on the lower right hand side of the screen used bag? I'm not sure yet if it is a patch or a coin/key holder. Anyone who has seen the movie yet that knows?

22. mjjparker

mjjparker New Member

Awww..
    I Want It U Are A Genius Man
    :D

23. mendoza

mendoza New Member

that is pretty fricken awesome man, yeah i remember it so clearly in the movie that both straps connect to another strap from the left side, if i watched the movie again id get a screenshot or picture, spideys my fav character because of his skateboarding aha, years of skating myself, thanks for all your info, and your ideas to replicate.

im also pretty sure he used a navy slacker jansport, not an original navy one, he just took off the diamond on the bottom right side, and added on straps.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  24. Travman93

Travman93 Member

Perfect! I liked the fact that Peter Parker was a bit of a social outcast in this one. He wasn't bullied because he was nerdy or looked funny; he was bullied because they knew he wouldn't do anything. Anywho, the backpack looks great.

25. CapFan101

CapFan101 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The buckle is a buckle for a stroller. I have been looking for the past 3 hours to buy it. I even emailed a baby stoller compny asking if i could buy one.

26. asianmatt

asianmatt New Member

You know you got a different backpack then what they used in the movie, right? The one you got looks VERY similar but they used a Jansport Slacker (you can tell bc of the triangular symbol on the bag that is missing from yours). He also uses a 3 way buckle for the straps.

27. MissParker

MissParker New Member

So... The pack used in the movie is the jansport slacker and the packs mailed to the media for the missing backpack campaign are all jansport superbreak packs, correct?

Then there's the 2 straps/3 point harness that were used... I was about to replicate the media packs! Glad I found out before getting started. Sucks they didn't make better movie replicas. :-/

Are there any other backpack differences that anyone has noticed? Are the straps khaki?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012