Done / Completed Peter Pan Sword From Steven Spielberg's - RUN CLOSED

Peter, in the pictures of MCINTOSH275, the finishing on the blade does not look shiny? One of the key features of this sword is the gold shiny blade, in my opinion. If the blade is more of a matte finish, than I'm out, I'm afraid...

Yes, that's correct. The blade is not shiny.

I have to say, the sword is great, especially for the money. But if you prefer a shiny blade, you better wait for another replica.

I like this sword, it looks great, the weight is cool and if you have it in your hand, you're defineatly the Pan. But, yes, if the blade were shiny, it would look a lot better and would make it a more eye-catching display piece...

I guess I will look for another shiny in close future or check out if it's possible to rework it with chrome-gold... But for now, I will keep it, as it is...

Yes, that's correct. The blade is not shiny.

I have to say, the sword is great, especially for the money. But if you prefer a shiny blade, you better wait for another replica.

I like this sword, it looks great, the weight is cool and if you have it in your hand, you're defineatly the Pan. But, yes, if the blade were shiny, it would look a lot better and would make it a more eye-catching display piece...

I guess I will look for another shiny in close future or check out if it's possible to rework it with chrome-gold... But for now, I will keep it, as it is...

I agree with you in the description you make of the sword...

We will have to find some method to make the sheet shiny...

Good to know. Thanks for the info, guys. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the pics in the first post, I guess, because when you look closely you can see that the blade indeed is a bit of a matt finnish. It was only with MCINTOSH275's pics that it became really clear to me that it wasn't shiny. So I'll pass for now...

Peter, you can take me out of the INT list. Sorry!

I didn't pay attention to it on first sight, too. I was very happy to find a Hook sword for a decent price, with shipping from Europe, because it could be a little tricky to import swords, knifes, etc.

But I don't want to sound like an ungrateful buyer, so let me say it one more time: This is a great sword, it looks great, it feels great and is an awesome piece for every Hook fan. I totally love it, it's just not shiny, that's all. But that fact doesn't make it a bad prop. Peter did a great job...

Would it be possible to get the blade without the coating? Normally it should be possible to sand it with very find grid sandpaper and then polish it to a shine with brasso. With some elbow grease it would be possible to give it a really shiny finnish.

Friends, I'm here and I apologize if I answer late, but I'm busy all day with work and in the evening I often dedicate the little time I have to prepare the props, about the brass sword it's not as easy as it seems, me too I thought that using simple find sandpaper and some polish it could become shiny, but it is not so, by hand it is not possible. So I inquired from a restorer of metal works and he advised me to buy rotating brushes and specialized products to make the sword more shiny and so it was, the result is much better. Tomorrow I will put some photos in comparison to better understand the work I have done. For those who have taken the sword I will give instructions on how to get the blade to be shiny or possibly if you don't feel like having it sent back to me to be worked on. I understand the discomfort, in all these years that I make prop I have learned to use many different materials, wood, plaster, resins, rubber, it is difficult to be able to know all the secrets how to work on materials you do not know :)

Sounds great, Peter! Maybe do keep me in the run. If the pictures look good, I'd defenitely want one.

As you can see the blade is much shinier than the first version, this after having treated it with brushes and polishing products.

1625248156033.JPG

1625248156038.JPG

As you can see the blade is much shinier than the first version, this after having treated it with brushes and polishing products.

Those of us who already have the sword and are a bit clumsy for manual work, how can we make that brighter finish...???

Looks much nicer already, Peter. Does the blade comes with a finishing layer / coat after this or not? I'd like to try to give it an even brighter shine with lots of elbow grease and brasso or other polishing compound. But if there is a sealing / finishing coat on it, this won't be possible.

Looks much nicer already, Peter. Does the blade comes with a finishing layer / coat after this or not? I'd like to try to give it an even brighter shine with lots of elbow grease and brasso or other polishing compound. But if there is a sealing / finishing coat on it, this won't be possible.
Yes, if you want I can make the sword without a finishing layer so you can apply it yourself later!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back