Peter Jackson's Beatles "Get Back" series on Disney+

Jaitea

Master Member
image.png

Peter Jackson to make a Beatles film

J

Last edited:
There's really nothing original about the Beatles that can be said at this point - even if it's conspiracy theory. They've been overanalyzed and overdone. The existing documentaries and works already speak for themselves. Just let it be, Peter.

Someone do a low budget Ramones film. That would be fun.

Well, the let it be takes are 65+ hours. I'm not sure if that's condensed or not. There are 65+ hours worth available for download out there at least...so to speak. So, 3.5 would be a lot of editing :)

Funny thing is I recently found a "fan made" DVD at a thrift shop of poorly transferred footage titled "Let It Be", which must've been gleaned from the same stockpile of footage.

Well, it's interesting in a way of seeing the inspiration juices being produced by that bunch of talented people.
New? Not so much in a sense that every group/artist does the same kind of process, generally speaking of course.
Not the first time I'm going to watch a studio session in my life-time;)

The fact the footage is 50 years old, & Paul jokes that in 50 years it'll be revealed that The Beatles broke up because Yoko sat on an amp just feels like serendipity to me. I CANNOT wait for this

Lol

It's impossible to find but they did release a film to go with the Let It Be album. They even had the rooftop concert included. I last saw it on VHS about 40 years ago and have not been able to find it since.

PJ mentioned that one in one of the other sneak peeks I think. Its out of print because I guess the band was never happy with it. Supposedly they plan to re-release it after this one comes out.

It's impossible to find but they did release a film to go with the Let It Be album. They even had the rooftop concert included. I last saw it on VHS about 40 years ago and have not been able to find it since.
I saw it back in the '90s, but haven't seen it since. The rooftop concert used to be on YouTube, don't know if it still is.

Wow, really blown away with the first episode, spending the time with them, I almost feel like I have met them

I'm really a Lennon fan, but seeing Macca create the song Get Back right in front of me has filled me full of real admiration, from mindless strumming, the tune quickly comes into focus, then the words form

Can't wait till tomorrow for part 2

John

I loved it. Get Back is one of my favorite songs and watching it come to life was fantastic. The only problem I had was that at times it was clear that what you heard was not what they were actually singing.

Last edited:
I loved it. Get Back is one of my favorite songs and watching it came to life was fantastic. The only problem I had was that at times it was clear that what you heard was not what they were actually singing.
Don't forget the "Fifth Beatles";)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back