PETE MANDER CHEAT TO THE PEOPLE DANGER!!!

fari1979

Hello i write from spain,i bought him (Pete mander) a complete AVP suit in NOVEMBER,i paid him 2730$ from paypal,we are in may and i continue with my hands empty.
I call him a thousand times and email,and he dontanswer,told me a lot of lies all this time,problems with craig,halo proyect,he have no money,problems with internet.........alot of lies and now he dont answer me,the last think that he told me was that he and his friend TJ will do a proyect in a tematic park in texas and that he will catch money to send me the suit,another lie,he never send me a photo,shipping confirmation or somethink.HE HAVENT 100$ TO SHIP ME THE SUIT SINCE NOVEMBER???HE IS POOR???.(The incredible is that i have paid the shipping and his friend craig stole him money ,he said this)
Now he have his new friend TJ with ebay name(pawnbrokerbob),they are selling pete mander suits by ebay,because pete has a lot of problems with paypal and ebay and may be they cancel him paypal and ebay,but now Pete Mander use his friend TJ in ebay to sell his suits and articles(predator suits,parts,halo,etc).
I want go to Canada to make a report in the police with all my information,the paypal bill,and speak with a lawyer i will go untill the finish.i was speaking with the canadian embassy too.
The problem is that there is more people like me waiting since a lot of time his suits from germany,belgium,argentina...and they dont want speak i think because may be he will be argue and they hope in that he will send the suits finally,i was waiting since november and i dont believe in him,because he dont answer me and he told me a lot of lies.he told me too that he will send me the costume 3 times since january and noothink.
For this i said if someone want buy him a suit read this and more coments of him before.i have a big headache since november and the predator suit was my dream since young,i was saving money and working hard to paid him my suit and he stole my money,he cant play with the people dreams.
More than six months to make a costume,why i have the fault of all his problems?i only want my costume...

Its me again,look what write a guy by internet in THEHMA.NET (august of 2006):

Re: New Score - Predator Suit!
I was deceived by the artist who created this Suit, pete, and paid him several thousand dollars for nothing.
I made order for costumes and other items in 2004 (the website was called "Kre8tive Arts" at that time).
For five years since then, he has not delivered any item, has not made any refund, and has not responded my emails in most cases.
It is very risky to make order for multiple items if you are not located in Canada or U.S.

Im also 1 of these people who was deceived,
i paid 3600$ for a full predator 1 suit.
i have been waiting sins december and also nothing.
i hope everyone reads all this before ever doing business with him

I love Pete's work... I have him on Facebook and he has been done doing work for that fan film for some time... He built those suits a while ago... he posts every single day about sea sheperd stuff so he is around and active... Regardless of working ont he Halo Faith fanfilm... he shouldn't take orders he cant fullfill in a respectable time.... or at the very very very least, keep good contact with his buyers to ensure them they will be getting their stuff.

I hate when vendors are chatty as all hell when it comes to taking your money and then once paypal is sent it is like they don't exist anymore and its a waiting game to see if you ever get your stuff. I hope it works out for you guys.

YES,HE CATCH THE MONEY VERY FAST IN PAYPAL AND LATER THE BUYER WAIT AND WAIT AND WAIT AND NOOTHINK WE TRY CONTACT WITH HIM AND NOOTHINK AND HE PUT ARGUE BECAUSE WE QUESTION FOR OUR COSTUMES.
OK THAT HE IS A BUSY MAN,AND THAT HIS WORK IS GOOD,TRUE,IF NO I NEVER CONTACT WITH HIM TO BUY A COMPLETE PREDATOR COSTUME,BUT HE IS HORRYBLE,NO ANSWERING,LIES,ETC.MORE THAN SIX MONTHS WAITING...
THE FIRST IS THE PAST BUYERS AND LATER THE NEW PROYECTS AND THE REST.
IF HE HAVE PROBLEMS AND IS BUSY HE CHOOSE THIS LIFE,IM BUSY TOO WITH MY WORK AND I DO IT PERFECTLY.HE MAKE COSTUMES AND I PAID HIM FOR A COSTUME IN NOVEMBER,WHERE IS MY SUIT? I NEVER SAW A PHOTO OF MY SUIT OR HE TELLING ME A DAY TO SHIP ME,OR CONTACT TO ME,I HAVE ALWAYS CONTACT HIM,(WHEN HE WANT OF COURSE).HE IS INFORMAL.
I PAID HIM THE COMPLETE COSTUME AND THE SHIPPING,AND I CONTINUE WAITING 7 MONTHS LATER...
AND NOW I HAVE PAID LAWYER,TRAVEL,AND MORE FOR HIS COSTUME.

I'm not an authority on this site but I do think something should be done to protect members of this site from this type of thing. Maybe a rating system of prop makers so people can see the customer satisfactory ratings. I gamble everytime I make a purchase from someone on this site and some do not respond in a timely matter and it scares me knowing hundreds of my dollars are hanging in limbo. I myself have not met with such misfortune but others have and it worries me that I could be next one day.We as a clan, Community, and as Human beings deserve the proper level of respect given to a fellow Hunter. To keep youself safe try ordering from someone you can pick up from or past successful purchasings. I feel you pain brothers . My Hunt continues

Let's make it clear... Pete hasn't posted a sale on this forum for years. All deals were made outside the Lair. There is a feedback section. This is not new news about the subject. A little research into the mattter would have been preventative medicine. I am sorry about your dealings, but honestly if you had searched the threads pertaining to the subject.. Or just plain asked around here... You would have found all the info that you needed to know before sending any money anywhere

he was working on a halo fan film for a long time and directing a movie, give the man a little bit of time. Working on movies is a lot of work
That dog doesnt hunt here-- sorry man-- dont care how busy he is-- a minute or two on the email wont kill him-- its a lot of $$$ from hardworking people. Either man up with the suits he committed to do and took the money or refund the loot. No other way to handle it.
But as PT said--research is a valuable tool before shelling out that kind of money to someone you dont know or have references from.

Hope it works out for you all.

I'm not an authority on this site but I do think something should be done to protect members of this site from this type of thing. Maybe a rating system of prop makers so people can see the customer satisfactory ratings. I gamble everytime I make a purchase from someone on this site and some do not respond in a timely matter and it scares me knowing hundreds of my dollars are hanging in limbo. I myself have not met with such misfortune but others have and it worries me that I could be next one day.We as a clan, Community, and as Human beings deserve the proper level of respect given to a fellow Hunter. To keep youself safe try ordering from someone you can pick up from or past successful purchasings. I feel you pain brothers . My Hunt continues

Not condoning what mander did, I think this whole situation is horrible $3000 is a lot of money to lose. We do have a thread set up to help people out though.I know mander is tempting b/c his work looks great, but I wouldn't get anything from someone who isn't on the list.
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=13503

Let's make it clear... Pete hasn't posted a sale on this forum for years. All deals were made outside the Lair. There is a feedback section. This is not new news about the subject. A little research into the mattter would have been preventative medicine. I am sorry about your dealings, but honestly if you had searched the threads pertaining to the subject.. Or just plain asked around here... You would have found all the info that you needed to know before sending any money anywhere

Just because it was done outside the lair doesn't make it right. Telling them its their fault for not researching a guy isn't any better. he should be put on the not to buy from list so people don't make this mistake.

When did i say it was their fault?! I merely stated that not only are these boards full of info on how to make a suit, but they contain valuable information on members outside dealings. Pete has come up more then a dozen times about his tardiness and attitude. So many members are quick to point out the "search feature" when asked questions about a certain suit feature, the same applies to dealings. NOW ..why isnt Pete on the sellers list, good or bad? Well, mostly because he isnt an active member of the Lair ..hasnt been for a looooong time. Same reason Dan and Eric Snyder arent on that list ..they arent active members here ..of course if you search their names you will find the same story .... BUT as always ..someone finds out about them ..sees their suits and will still buy from them regardless of what past members may have written about them. Am I condoning what these guys have done? HELL NO! But these threads are just another in a long list of warnings about the same people. I feel bad ..but damn .how many more threads do we really need to prove that you probably shouldnt buy from them?

There are many ebay sellers that sell recasts or shoddy items ..are they on the sellers list? NO ..are there threads about them? ..most likely

SO ..to sum it up ..the list pertains to people that sell on the Lair. Pete doesnt ...he sells outside of the Lair and it is there that he ..or Craig ..or this pawnbrokerbob ...or whoever are approached. Example ..myself, Lee and others have posted many warnings about Grusderk and his crappy moving mandible mask..then someone goes on youtube ..sees it and buys it anyways. I cant do anything about that ..but if you plug Grusderk into the search feature ..you will see our reports.

Moderator ,i know that pete may be was a long of time withought sell items from here,ok.but all the people that IS HERE LOVES PREDATOR LIKE ME,and they can see here his work or in youtube or online in everywhere,and i put this coment here about him thinking in the people from the hunters lair, that dont have the same problem that i have with him now,thinking in the predator lovers,only this....

i know the pain...in a nutshell..
SPFX ANH Vader Helmet and Chest Armour
$1932.00 paypal
April 2009

its April 2011......no helmet or chest....no refund....folder full of BS emails tho

those out to make a quick buck, are everywhere.....only way to avoid it is research, research, research research...i learnt from my mistake

Anyone who buys online from someone they have never met should do some research before they send that said person their hard earned cash.

If you don't know much about the seller, don't look into their selling history and buy from them anyway, then you are the only one to blame.

Also understand that no one at the Hunters Lair can be held responsible for any deals gone bad. We try to moderate but we don't babysit. However, if you take the time to ask some of the members here what they they think about any given seller and do your research, you'll quickly see who can be trusted with your money and who to avoid...

If your not involved... Bodiee. It's best to keep your mouth shut.

I was in no way trying to say you condoned his actions ptgreek. Just because it happens outside the lair doesn't mean we shouldn't put a warning about him on the buy sell page. A lot of people just pop to that page and look through the names and if they don't see the name they might not know he is a bad seller, unles they go further in to the search engine. I've been scammed for a few items on this site,and helped get those scammers names up on that board. MEANGENE83 there are a lot of other ways that could have been worded better. I wish the people who got scammed the best of luck in at least getting your money back.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back