Personnel P1 journey

Usurper

Well, i started this sculpt a few months ago , then just left it as i had no clay left , due to P2 and the alien sculpt.

I finally got around to starting this in earnest about 10 days ago, and rememberd someone saying " you will never do a journey without showing us progress "

WRONG ! ! !

+ i know it pisses some people off with small updates.

Here he is start to finish in ONE go.

but before the pics let me say this, THIS IS NOT FOR SALE. IT IS PURLEY FOR ME, A TOTAL ONE OFF, SO I HAVE A UNIQUE MASK, THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS.
call it dangling carrots if you wish, i couldnt care less.

And this is probably my own P1 Pred head sculpt, so im happy to have come full circle.

It has been sculpted to fit a bio i have here, which means it will be a silicone mask, so i have to make a resin mold, this will take some time while i source the correct materials etc, so there will not be a mask to show for some time, and ill only show more picture when one is painted up.
the teeth will be again 1 offs. filed down and sanded down P2 teeth i think. ( saves making a mold for just 1 set of teeth )

anyway enough rambling, heres the start of him, in all his DUCK faced glory.
1.jpg

2.jpg

U G L Y huh :)

and a few hours of throwing clay at him from across the room he came to this.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Then i decided to try the bio on him, which i then realised was warped and throwing the sculpt out of shape badly, as you can see hehe. So a quick tip from HEZ ( thanks buddy )helped me straighten it out somewhat from this picture, but i have no more pics of the straightend bio as i did not want to bash any details.

bio.jpg

So i went back to the sculpt and over the next few days came up with what you see below.

i hope you like this, and at least youdo not have to put up with some drawn out long assed journey thred eh

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Decided to close the inner mouth alittle here , forgot to say

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Thanks.

sorry for repeating some of the photos, but the centre section of his head looked weird in some shots, like it was sticking out or something, so i tried with and without flash.

That, sir, is a mean cuss! Yes, it is! It's got cop shocks, cop suspension, cop tires, and I'm quite sure it runs on a catalytic converter too!

I liked your other P1 too, but this is dead on..

No idea tbh, i want to try my hand at sculpting on a smaller scale ( still preds )

and try other stuff, Dinosaur heads, Other sci fi characters etc.

just want to explore sculpting and see what i can and cannot do. :)

Not leaving preds by any means, just do not see me doing another head unless they release a new film, but you never know i may do a cutsom head in the LONG DISTANT future.

as much as i like your long threads, like a mini series, or in the case of P2 and wolf more like Lost dragging on and on but you never want it to end and actually find out whats goin on. i really like that P1, you've come along way from your first mask, this one is awesome, and as for making a one off, brilliant idea, it's your talent that maybe you've shared enough, be selfish you prick

but crack on and get it finished :)

lee that is fking awesome the detail in it is out of this world its a god dam pitty you are only going to make 1 mask from that iam completely lost for words FKING AWESOME

Yes im a selfish prick.

I used Chavant NSP Medium clay.

I have to do some research on molding this in resin to get a silicone pull, i have NO idea at all, and several materials have been suggested, i just need some time to sit down and read up on them to find the best material. It could be the end of the year before i get around to this, that is the only reason i posted the completed sculpt. ( well nearly completed, but the stuff i do will barely be noticed in the pics )

As for the amount of clay i used , sorry i have no idea, i have been using this clay since my very 1st P1, so its just lumps of clay, i could weigh the sculpt if you wish, i think the armature i used only weighs about 1 kg ish.

Wow lee!!
Thats amazing , really love the detail that you have put into the skin.

I have to say (And I do think that this point of view is shared with all members), that it shows with every new work that you do, Your skills are improving with leaps and bounds. (not if your other older works hasn't been turly amazing aswell!) Even if its with a new sclupt or airbrushing.
Just hoping my skill's would improve towards your level.

Who say that you can't teach a old dog new tricks :)

Thanks again for the comments, ( even the old dog new tricks one hehe ) Hopefully the minor tweaks i make do not make it stray to far from its current state, as im trying to keep it P1 style but with alittle Usurperness hehe.

I have only been doing this what 3 yrs now, so hopefully that will make others have a go, no harm in trying people :)

And the older hands here usually pipe in and help you along the way, god knows theyve helped me learn ALOT.

so comooooooooon people get sculpting

Oooh and thanks for the 1 vote.

i was in here earlier viewing publically when you, ( lets call you mr x ) came in and did that so i now know who you are. why dont you just say something, or a critique publically?

as the joker said.

" what happened ?, Did . . did your balls drop off ? "

Lee that is so awesome to see you working on Head sculpts! But that is Your Masterpiece, all these details ! I see that you get more experience from Sculpt to Sculpt !! !! Let me say one thing I HATE YOU AND YOUR TALENT :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back